Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Accomplishments

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Accomplishments

Well, first I made an appointment for Thursday the 15th to take the trailer in to the dealer for some warranty work. Nothing huge; street side rear stabilizer inner tube won't drop, rear window will not latch closed, gray tank #2 always shows full, 1 drawer doesn't latch closed, one of those plastic pieces that guides or holds the wires under the street side slide is broken. I find these to be very minor issues for a new RV. We will be camping for 4 days before we go in so I hope to dig more and see if there's anything else.

Today's projects:

1) I installed 2 white Maxxair vent covers on both powered fan vents (kitchen and bathroom).
    2) I painted my old white flag pole holder black and installed it on my ladder.
    3) I installed a Sony Blu-Ray player in one of the entertainment upper cabinets and ran the HDMI cable through the existing chase down to the TV.
    4) I installed a Samsung Surround Sound Bar with wireless Sub-woofer. The POS OEM TV doesn't have a decent "sound out" connection so we will only have the surround sound when playing DVDs or streaming video through the new Sony player. I have a better LED HD TV I could install which will give me better performance but I would need to change out the OEM TV mount system to a residential style wall mount. I may do that down the road but this will be fine for now.
    5) Not trailer related but I installed 8 new glo-plugs in the truck. I had one that just went bad so I replaced all 8 with AC Delco OEM parts. Really easy job and I can't believe how much the dealer gets to do that!

Coming up probably in February but maybe sooner:

1) installing a 3600 W LP Onan generator
    2) installing 2000 W Pure Sine Wave inverter
    3) installing a wine rack in one of the upper cabinets over the recliners (have the rack, I just need to decided on the best way to secure it)

Sound bar:

Blu-ray player location. I still need to build in some proper shelving to keep it from moving around but this will work for our upcoming trip and the remote works through the closed glass door!

The sub-woofer fits behind the recliner and plugs in under the dinning table:
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul--we want to camp with you !........keep us posted when the wine rack is installed and better yet stocked to capacity........we all will come and help break it in ! Attached picture of wine rack we purchased on line and place on our front left corner of counter top. We remove when traveling and have wine bags for the bottles which are then placed in lower cabinet space.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140624_200257.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	1215

Dan & Carol
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That wine rack looks right tasty to me We have very close travel companions who live near us and he is from Tripp, SD. We were scheduled to come up there in early May to a cattle drive on his friend's ranch but had to postpone until next spring. Really looking forward to it.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poppy,

Another place you can install the sub is behind the fireplace. Keeps it totally out of the way and doesn't degrade the sound quality since it's such a low frequency. Should be plenty of room and there should be a plug back there where the fireplace plugs in for your power source. Just a suggestion to ponder.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsons 369rl View Post
    Poppy,

Another place you can install the sub is behind the fireplace. Keeps it totally out of the way and doesn't degrade the sound quality since it's such a low frequency. Should be plenty of room and there should be a plug back there where the fireplace plugs in for your power source. Just a suggestion to ponder.
    Hmm, it won't get too hot back there? Interesting
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Hmm, it won't get too hot back there? Interesting
    Not at all. The vast majority of the heat gets directed out the fan outlet. I also changed the 3 bulbs in the fireplace to LED which eliminated the heat from the incandescent bulbs and cut power consumption from the bulbs from 1.0 amps to .2 amps . No issues at all.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel