User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got A New TPMS.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earlier this season we picked up the EEZ RV TPMS and so far its worked great. This fall we were camped in northern NH and it got very chilly (in the 30s) the night before we left for home. I forgot to check the tires, but I didn't get 100 yards from our campsite and the alarm went off letting me know that all 4 tires were low, as happens in cold snaps. When I was selecting a TPMS I found that a lot of TPMSs will continue to display the last know value if it loses connection to the wheel sensors for quite awhile. Frankly, that just didn't make sense me. I'd rather have it display "lost connection" or something like that. Why would anyone want to know what pressure used to be 15 or 20 minutes ago? To me it just sounded like a way of masking poor communication between wheel sensors and the TPMS system. I called the people at EEZ-RV and they told me that there system didn't do that. The system tells you when it loses connection and so far that has not happened, but I did install the repeater.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    Earlier this season we picked up the EEZ RV TPMS and so far its worked great. This fall we were camped in northern NH and it got very chilly (in the 30s) the night before we left for home. I forgot to check the tires, but I didn't get 100 yards from our campsite and the alarm went off letting me know that all 4 tires were low, as happens in cold snaps. When I was selecting a TPMS I found that a lot of TPMSs will continue to display the last know value if it loses connection to the wheel sensors for quite awhile. Frankly, that just didn't make sense me. I'd rather have it display "lost connection" or something like that. Why would anyone want to know what pressure used to be 15 or 20 minutes ago? To me it just sounded like a way of masking poor communication between wheel sensors and the TPMS system. I called the people at EEZ-RV and they told me that there system didn't do that. The system tells you when it loses connection and so far that has not happened, but I did install the repeater.
    That's why I dumped my first TPMS - I think it was a TireTracker. It wouldn't give me pressures until the tires started rolling - useless. The TST system gives actual pressure when turning it on the morning. So does the TireMinder I-10; I reset it and in a few minutes it gives me the current readings.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    That's why I dumped my first TPMS - I think it was a TireTracker. It wouldn't give me pressures until the tires started rolling - useless. The TST system gives actual pressure when turning it on the morning. So does the TireMinder I-10; I reset it and in a few minutes it gives me the current readings.
    Actually it was my fault that we got 100 yards before the alarm went off. Usually when we are getting ready up to a leave site I turn on the TPMS first thing. I've found that the jostling of the trailer when hitching and removing the levelers is usually enough to activate the sensors. Unfortunately, when we were in NH, I forgot to turn on the base until after we pulled out of the site, but still well within the campground. Having to wait for the sensors to wake-up was one of those feature "trade-offs" that we all have to decide upon between the different TPMS systems. I decided that I'd rather know immediately that a sensor has lost connection than have it display the last know good value for 15 minutes or longer while traveling. The TST TPMS is fine system and it was in fact the other system that I was considering. I think you'll find that most TPMS systems work well and do what they are supposed to do. Most people seem to be happy with whatever system that they end up buying.
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 11-04-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked this up at the Tampa RV Super Show. I love it. At a glance I can see all 4 tire pressures or temperatures so I don't have to keep glancing at my display while it cycles.

I had a different brand that I used with my last RV and then my current rig but the display was hard to read in the sunlight and I had to wait for it to cycle to see all 4 tires' information.

Since I have a factory TPMS on my truck and since Ford thinks their add-on accessory for trailer TPMS should be hard wired I got this system. It even comes with a repeater (which I wired to my bedroom closet light).

Upon turning it on you can reset it and it will refresh the info in less than 10 minutes. I turn it on first thing in the morning on travel days and by the time I'm ready to start connecting for travel it has the current temps.

kalaka
    Hi Larry, I'm curious to see if your still as satisfied with the i10 now that some time has passed.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Hi Larry, I'm curious to see if your still as satisfied with the i10 now that some time has passed.

Steph, Lise,
    I am still 100% satisfied. So much better than what I had.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steph, Lise,
    Great, I see supplies are low so I finally place the order on the i10 before spring rush turns the corner.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Great, I see supplies are low so I finally place the order on the i10 before spring rush turns the corner.

I don't know how low supplies are, but a just received my i10 Tireminder in about 7 days from Amazon. YMMV and regards.
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steph, Lise,
    Do you have the flow thru sensors or just the cap sensor? If just the cap, it would seem it would be a pain to unlock and take them off, then air up then lock back on. Do you have to reset the unit?
    Thanks, John...
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the TST system with non-flow through sensors. Biggest complaint is the sensors themselves. Not that they dont work or are accurate, but lose air when installing.

My wish is that TST or whoever, creates a sensor that can be installed inside the tire with a adequate battery life like automotive types that can work with their receivers.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no issues with the TST sensors, the amount of air I lose when removing and replacing sensors is unmeasurable. I have the flow-through sensors and remove them to add more than a pound of two of pressure due to the restrictive nature of them. These are also on 235/85-16 tire so maybe that's part of it. FWIW TST does make sensors that mount in the tire. My last set of tires lasted more than six years, so it would have been a real possibility I would have had to remove the tires/wheels to install new batteries. One of the reasons I've never considered the in-tire sensors.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast