Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel discount program

We are full timers but have stayed in one campground for the past four months. I have enjoyed postings on youtube and Facebook from Chad and Tara called changing lanes, they have a Ford Dually, Momentum toy hauler and Indian motorcycle. I think they are on the corporate site some. Anyway, they are using and promoting a fuel discount program called tsdlogistics.com, which they are getting large discounts from a program designed primarily for 18 wheelers but fine for RVs. Has anyone else used this, what are your experiences, or please check it out. Thanks fellow survivors!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,
    Lots of posts here on a thread just like you started. Probably with the same name.

Do a search on "TDS Logistics" of "discount" and you'll find it.

I just signed up and am looking forward to using tomorrow for the first time.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The search function is your friend. Many long discussions about the TSD Logistics card. Bottom line: They are great where they work.

Type "tsd" into the search box at the top right of your screen. You will get a lot of information.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks folks! Seems that in 6 years on this forum I have missed TSD. Will check out today!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve gravelle View Post
    We are full timers but have stayed in one campground for the past four months. I have enjoyed postings on youtube and Facebook from Chad and Tara called changing lanes, they have a Ford Dually, Momentum toy hauler and Indian motorcycle. I think they are on the corporate site some. Anyway, they are using and promoting a fuel discount program called tsdlogistics.com, which they are getting large discounts from a program designed primarily for 18 wheelers but fine for RVs. Has anyone else used this, what are your experiences, or please check it out. Thanks fellow survivors!
    Here's a link to a recent thread:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...Pilot-Flying-J

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the TSD program. Paid $1.339/ gal for diesel yesterday at a Love's. The posted price was $2.449. That's probably the best savings we've ever gotten but it had always been very good, best program out there that I've found.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen several post concerns that TSD asks for your social security number and access to you bank account. There is another program that is similar, but does not have those issues. Is it TCS, and I found about it through FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association), in their monthly newsletter. I’m not affiliated with TCS, but have been using their card for a couple of months.

TCS does not ask for much personal information, and you set up the card with a deposit, then refill it, as needed, similar to a debit card. You determine how much you want to prepay to the card. I keep $100 on the card, then I top it off when I use it. Very easy, as you set up a transfer from your account to theirs, through your bank, which you keep control over. It’s a push refill, as opposed to a pull, where they would have access to your account, as in the TSD arrangement. It is as easy as a transfer between your checking and savings accounts, and I can do it from my phone or my iPad.

TCS is not as big, and does not have access to nearly as many locations, but we used it several times on our recently shut-down six-week trip to the southeast. They have a map that shows what locations are available and the price, both list and discount. You can also set it up to allow cash advances, DEF purchases, etc. or you can shut them all off and only allow diesel. I have mine set up to only allow fuel and DEF, in case it were to fall into the wrong hands. Keeping a low balance on the card also could limit liability and loss.

Last month in High Point, North Carolina (for an example) we paid $45.06 when the pump price was $65.39. I think that a $20 savings on a $65 purchase isn’t too bad. It worked out to about $.80 per gallon discount, which really adds up over time. We saved over $92 on our less than 4-week trip.

Today, I’m looking at Wheeling, WV, just off I-70. It’s a TA/Petro truck stop, with a posted price of $2.559. The TCS price is $1.447 or a discount of $1.11 per gallon.

Just another option for consideration.
    Last edited by Richter; 04-28-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I have seen several post concerns that TSD asks for your social security number and access to you bank account. There is another program that is similar, but does not have those issues. Is it TCS, and I found about it through FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association), in their monthly newsletter. I’m not affiliated with TCS, but have been using their card for a couple of months.

TCS does not ask for much personal information, and you set up the card with a deposit, then refill it, as needed, similar to a debit card. You determine how much you want to prepay to the card. I keep $100 on the card, then I top it off when I use it. Very easy, as you set up a transfer from your account to theirs, through your bank, which you keep control over. It’s a push refill, as opposed to a pull, where they would have access to your account, as in the TSD arrangement. It is as easy as a transfer between your checking and savings accounts, and I can do it from my phone or my iPad.

TCS is not as big, and does not have access to nearly as many locations, but we used it several times on our recently shut-down six-week trip to the southeast. They have a map that shows what locations are available and the price, both list and discount. You can also set it up to allow cash advances, DEF purchases, etc. or you can shut them all off and only allow diesel. I have mine set up to only allow fuel and DEF, in case it were to fall into the wrong hands. Keeping a low balance on the card also could limit liability and loss.

Last month in High Point, North Carolina (for an example) we paid $45.06 when the pump price was $65.39. I think that a $20 savings on a $65 purchase isn’t too bad. It worked out to about $.80 per gallon discount, which really adds up over time. We saved over $92 on our less than 4-week trip.

Today, I’m looking at Wheeling, WV, just off I-70. It’s a TA/Petro truck stop, with a posted price of $2.559. The TCS price is $1.447 or a discount of $1.11 per gallon.

Just another option for consideration.
    Thank you for sharing this information. We are definitely interested in saving money where we can. We, too, are very wary of giving anyone direct access to any of our accounts, paying extra if necessary. That being said, we were not willing to go with TSD.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely love the TDS Logistics program.
    Saved a couple of hundreds in using it.
    Just be aware of who participates in the program, otherwise there may be a fee.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjndsa View Post
    Thank you for sharing this information. We are definitely interested in saving money where we can. We, too, are very wary of giving anyone direct access to any of our accounts, paying extra if necessary. That being said, we were not willing to go with TSD.
    Our solution to the security issues on a TSD ACH pull was to attach it to a checking account that we keep just a few hundred dollars in. I can electronically transfer funds when required so the card has very little risk or impact to me other than saving me money.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast