User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek Slide problem

the "guide" or whatever you call it, on my Schwintek bedroom slide seems to be catching (and chewing up) the rubber seal on both the bottom right and top left corners when activating the slide both in and out. There is no gap between the "guide" and the rubber seal in these locations yet there is a small gap on both the top right and bottom left (looking at it from the outside). If i didn't hold the rubber seal back while DW runs the slide, it would destroy the rubber. Had anyone else had this issue and what did you do to resolve the problem?

Thanks.
    2019 Ford F250SD FX4
    2020 Reflection MKS320

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes...Slide eats up the rubber and I can't get the slide in or out. Every time we've gone camping, the bedroom slide has gotten stuck. (4-5 times) It's a 2020 Reflection 315RLTS. Have taken it in to the dealer and they can't "duplicate it". I call BS!!! I'm going to call GD to see if I can get anywhere with them. I've read many forums where people are having the same problem with this type of slide.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 367BHS and just last night i went to bring the bedroom slide in and the right side stuck. Brought it out and in about 4 times and then it worked fine. I will be trying the slide a few times in the coming days yet now sounds as if there may be a problem with them. The center bunk that has the same type of slide has never given me any problems. I am just using this at home so it has not even been bounced around much.
    Dave Z
    Troy Missouri
    2020 Reflection 367BHS
    2018 Ram 3500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveAZ View Post
    I have a 2020 367BHS and just last night i went to bring the bedroom slide in and the right side stuck. Brought it out and in about 4 times and then it worked fine. I will be trying the slide a few times in the coming days yet now sounds as if there may be a problem with them. The center bunk that has the same type of slide has never given me any problems. I am just using this at home so it has not even been bounced around much.
    Mine has never stopped or become stuck but the guide is most definitely destroying the rubber trim. Though I doubt anything happens, GD clearly has a problem with these sides that needs to be addressed.
    2019 Ford F250SD FX4
    2020 Reflection MKS320

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbird View Post
    Mine has never stopped or become stuck but the guide is most definitely destroying the rubber trim. Though I doubt anything happens, GD clearly has a problem with these sides that needs to be addressed.
    I've got the same problem on my 2020 320MKS. Has anyone taken it in for service and see if they have a solution?

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wrapped a piece of black tape around the gasket where it was catching and that seemed to help a bit. then, eventually, the problem worked itself out as it no longer wants to chew up the rubber seal.
    2019 Ford F250SD FX4
    2020 Reflection MKS320

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that can be a problem when the system gets out of sync. When it is out of sync the slideout can get cattywumpus and not stay square.

Follow the resync videos to get the slideout square again. Really simple, pull in the slideout about 10 inches, and then extend holding down the extend button for 3 to 5 seconds at end of travel. Repeat several times.

Part II - Have you lubed your Schwintek?

Lippert has a video on how to lube the system using CRC Power Lube with PTFE. The suggestion from some of the RV shops is to lube the system every 6 months. It is easy to do if you have easy access to the interior racks.

Before I lubed mine one of the racks would pull in two or three inches ahead of the other one and jam the slideout. It would start to really move slowly before doing this.

I put the Power Lube on all the bearings and gibs except for the one I could not get to, and the slideout functioned normally. I figured out I could use a wire coat hanger and tape a long tube to it to get to the last one bearing/gibb I wasn't able to reach.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD