User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In these big muti story buildings have their air recirculated thru-out the whole building by the central air conditioning. Every room doesn't have a separate air unit there is one large unit on the roof. Wouldn't the virus be able to pass from one room to the next from that air system.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    In these big muti story buildings have their air recirculated thru-out the whole building by the central air conditioning. Every room doesn't have a separate air unit there is one large unit on the roof. Wouldn't the virus be able to pass from one room to the next from that air system.
    It's possible but not likely in a central building unit you describe because filters are in place. Air is not just recirculated either as the air is constantly monitored and outside air is mixed in depending on a number of factors and how sophisticated the system is. I have seen ones, especially since Legionaries disease was discovered, that have UV light or inject disinfectant into the air stream.
    It's been a few years but most every hotel like Hampton, Hyatt, Wyndham I stayed at when working on the road had it's own air handler system in the wall. It was conditioning recirculated or outside air only for that room. Again, intake filters are in place. When a guest checks in the HVAC unit is notified to adjust room conditions so by the time he arrives it's up and running.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 05-09-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    It's possible but not likely in a central building unit you describe because filters are in place. Air is not just recirculated either as the air is constantly monitored and outside air is mixed in depending on a number of factors and how sophisticated the system is. I have seen ones, especially since Legionaries disease was discovered, that have UV light or inject disinfectant into the air stream.
    It's been a few years but most every hotel like Hampton, Hyatt, Wyndham I stayed at when working on the road had it's own air handler system in the wall. It was conditioning recirculated or outside air only for that room. Again, intake filters are in place. When a guest checks in the HVAC unit is notified to adjust room conditions so by the time he arrives it's up and running.
    Thanks. That's good to know if we ever need to get a room somewhere. I couldn't help but wonder about that happening in New York though with all the older apartments and how bad they got hit with the virus.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Thanks. That's good to know if we ever need to get a room somewhere. I couldn't help but wonder about that happening in New York though with all the older apartments and how bad they got hit with the virus.
    Most of those NYC buildings don't need the AC to help move it around. The elevator is wildly effective. As are are the door knobs, any "choke point" putting lots of people in close spaces (stairways, doorways, etc). I'm sure some do pump the air between units, and yes, that would also be a big issue, but, honestly, they don't need the help, the building itself, and the way it's build for high density, will get the job done just fine without the AC to help it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123