User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antenna for Furrion camera

My Furrion backup/observation camera quit working suddenly. Discovered that the antenna on the camera was missing. Priced them from e-trailer and the antenna is $115 ! Now I am wondering if it was stolen.
    It appears to be just a screw on antenna. Where is Radio Shack when you need them? Any ideas from the forum on a replacement?
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    My Furrion backup/observation camera quit working suddenly. Discovered that the antenna on the camera was missing. Priced them from e-trailer and the antenna is $115 ! Now I am wondering if it was stolen.
    It appears to be just a screw on antenna. Where is Radio Shack when you need them? Any ideas from the forum on a replacement?
    Any wifi antenna should work. I replaced mine from Ebay but saw the same on Amazon.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    Any wifi antenna should work. I replaced mine from Ebay but saw the same on Amazon.
    I tried that but the ones I got the base was to big. The camera has a smaller antenna base than normal. So could you post what actually worked for you? (base size) I wanted a taller antenna to get a stronger signal in the cab.

Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I used.

[You can use the antenna or use the base for an extension

Universal Kit Dual Band Wi-Fi 9dbi Extension Long Range Omni Directional 2.4/5Ghz Antenna RP-SMA Male Connector on Magnet Base with Connectors and Extenders

Sorry I cannot link as it goes into my Amazon Account
    Last edited by Cahriad; 04-27-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is what I used.

Universal Kit Dual Band Wi-Fi 9dbi Extension Long Range Omni Directional 2.4/5Ghz Antenna RP-SMA Male Connector on Magnet Base with Connectors and Extenders

Thanks for the information
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I used.

Thanks from me also.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is what I used.

I ordered one last weekend - still has not shipped from Amazon. Must be a Covid 19 thing right? Ill post some pictures when I do get it and work on the install

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I ordered one last weekend - still has not shipped from Amazon. Must be a Covid 19 thing right? Ill post some pictures when I do get it and work on the install
    Did you ever get your camera to work and what antenna did you use?
    Steve & Debra
    2020 F350 Platinum crew cab, DRW power stroke Diesel,
    Currently a Demco 21k Hijacker Autoslide hitch
    2018 Solitude 375RES

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruger9mm View Post
    Did you ever get your camera to work and what antenna did you use?
    This is the one I bought https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Dir...8933814&sr=8-1

I installed the base on the roof (glued down) and ran the extension cable to the camera. I have not traveled with it yet, but I got 2 extra bars on the receiver from what I had in the drive when testing it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay Cahriad and Dawgfever, after reading your posts I'm going to order the same system unit to fix my broken antenna. I'm very hopeful this is the trick since etrailer gouges for the original unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast