User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Steve. My dealer is looking into it now, they are doing the fridge this week. My Rotoflex box had the rubber pad moving around out of position so he is seeing if GD will help as rig is 18 months old. The new 375's come with the 18K MorRyde box so maybe it's enough for the GVWR of the trailer.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Thanks for the info Steve. My dealer is looking into it now, they are doing the fridge this week. My Rotoflex box had the rubber pad moving around out of position so he is seeing if GD will help as rig is 18 months old. The new 375's come with the 18K MorRyde box so maybe it's enough for the GVWR of the trailer.
    No problem. Oh boy I'm glad they are checking it out for you. Hope they get it swapped out for you.
    Our GVWR is 16,800# so the 18K will do nicely. I did call MorRyde about purchasing a used pin box, they gave me a couple of things to check to determine if the box was still in good shape. All checked good. They do have a 3 year warranty for the initial purchase, of course we don't get that.

I figured since GD has started putting the MorRyde box (and the CRE's) on their 2020 full Solitude models as standard equipment there must be something to it. Our S-Class is a step child Solitude model and gets the Lippert 1621HD stock rigid box and the Lippert EquaFlex.

Our salesman, who is a friend and we trust, said the pin box would be the first thing he would change. I did notice at the dealership when we purchased our GD unit year ago February, all the Jayco models comparable to our weight class, all had MorRyde boxes on them. I figured spending $300 to see if it considerably helped was money well spent. Like I said it didn't totally eliminate the chucking but did considerably dampen it. With the Companion hitch right to left dampening pistons and the MorRyde forward/aft and side to side dampening we hardly notice any chucking, of course considering road conditions. If I hadn't found the 2 year old used box, that came stock on a Jayco Eagle, I still would have bought a new one at the $600 range. You can dump a lot of money into a 5er hitch upwards to $3000, but for $300 we are extremely happy.

I admit don't know anything about the rotoflex, how it works or what it does for the hitch up. It might be just as good.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 04-30-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure to torque the bolts to the required specs and then re torque again after a number of miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mageorge View Post
    Just make sure to torque the bolts to the required specs and then re torque again after a number of miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike/Debbie - Absolutely good point, recheck the bolts. I torqued the 10 bolts initially, after our 25 mile test drive some of them were loose, I retorqued them. I'll keep checking them.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 2020 375RES-R Solitude and it had the Rota-Flex pinbox. I had the Dealer at no charge install a MORryde pinbox. The only other difference is the Lippert Equa-Flex vs MORryde CRE3000 suspension. Working on that...

Gary

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    It was the fixed style not a rotoflex.
    Sent from iphone

Added from desk top,
    I should add I downloaded the installation, owners manual, parts breakdown and maintenance documents from the MorRyde web site.
    Thank you for the information.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    It was the fixed style not a rotoflex.
    Sent from iphone

Added from desk top,
    I should add I downloaded the installation, owners manual, parts breakdown and maintenance documents from the MorRyde web site.

I had a 40 foot fifth wheel with a rigid lippert pin box, and now I have a 3470BH Solitude with a Morryde pin box and it does make a difference. Comparing the two it makes the bumps less jarring and more comfortable tow. I have yet to find a combination where I don't know the fifth wheel is there as I have seen a lot of posts where people claim they don't know their trailer is back there, but for me, I can tell the difference between towing and not. Most posts that I have read the majority prefer the Morryde over the Rotoflex pin box. I use a B&W companion hitch with a 3500 dually. My next step is to try out the Comfort Ride hitch, like a trailer saver but less maintenance with no airbags to fill up.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Txfivver mentioned he was going to install "IS" I'm pretty new to the jargon what does that mean? Another question I'm looking at a new 2019 Solitude S Class and I'm interested in putting The MorRyde pin box on, I also have to buy a new hitch any suggestions if putting the two together.
    Case24

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by case24 View Post
    In Txfivver mentioned he was going to install "IS" I'm pretty new to the jargon what does that mean? Another question I'm looking at a new 2019 Solitude S Class and I'm interested in putting The MorRyde pin box on, I also have to buy a new hitch any suggestions if putting the two together.
    Case24
    case24 "IS" refers to Morrydes independent suspension set up. Basically they cut out both axles and buggy springs and hangers. They weld in beefy cross braces that go side to side under the trailer and an independent rubber type spring mechanism and a shock for each wheel. You can choose either 7000 pound rating or 8000 pound, I'll go 8000 pound. Basically it bulletproofs your suspension and should make the trailer ride much smoother and tow better. It's expensive but well worth it when you talk to people that have done it.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by case24 View Post
    Case24
    Txfivver's got you covered on the IS. As far as the hitch, Oh Boy, you'll get a lot of feedback on that. Seems everybody loves the hitch they have. We have only ever had the BW Companion so I can't offer you any comparison to other hitches. As far as why we selected the BW Companion, it was simple, comes apart in two pieces, each piece not too heavy, had good reviews, our selected model fit the Ram Truck bed pucks (factory mounting holes in the bed factory 5th wheel installed option) and we got a slightly used one for half the cost of a new one. We never use the truck bed for anything other than towing our 5th wheel so the hitch always stays in the bed. Now with the combination of the BW Companion and MorRyde pin box we are well satisfied with the towing experience and ride given most of the roads and highways we will travel.

Hitches are expensive things, and can get real expensive if you keep buying and swapping different hitches, chasing the dream towing experience. You can get upwards to $5000 or more into hitch/pin box combinations of goose necks, turn over balls, traditional, sliders, sidewinders, various types of air ride, you name it, it's out there.

I guess it boils down to how much do you want to spend to help eliminate the bumps and tugs, what kind of truck bed you have (long or short) (slider hitch for most short beds), factory pucks or bolt down rails, how often you use the truck bed for something other than towing a 5er, how easy is it to remove the hitch. Hitches "can be" kind of heavy and removing it and storing it can be problematic for some people. I would suggest searching, if you already haven't, the Hitch part of this forum for what everybody is using, heck I think there was a poll taken way back on what was the most popular. Then determine what is most important to you for towing experience. Of course reading all the information can leave you more dazed, confused and anxious about your decision on which hitch to choose. Good Luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast