User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We haven't received a letter (not sure if we will), but the distance isn't the issue with taking our rig into the dealer. It's the "bring it in Monday, so we can have a look at it by Thursday. And we'll try to have it ready for you by next week" issue. That's why we've lined up a repair facility close to where we store our rig for all our work.
    That is why I would prefer to do the repair myself or not do it at all based upon the severity of the issue. All of the explanations for the problem do not make any sense. There has to be a hot spot within the unit, it is not a problem with the exhaust set up.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got our letter yesterday. They call it a customer satisfaction issue.

Sent from IPhone

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I got my letter. Not really a recall, more of a "we're going to fix this before it is a recall". I Noticed in one paragraph on the back that "If your distance from a Grand Design Dealer is significant, please call (number provided in the letter) 574-825-9679 so we can work with you to make other arrangements to have the needed repairs completed". I wonder if 3 hours is significant for a 1 hour repair? I know it is to me. I wonder if they would send a mobile tech? They stress that it's only cosmetic, and I don't use that feature much, but it does make me wonder...
    As dangerous as what a fire is in any trailer, I wouldn't play games and get it taken care of. With everything working properly it may not be a big deal. What if something went wrong( which is always possible) And the microwave got hotter than normal or ran for an extended period of time causing an excess of heat to that area. Could be deadly.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called them and after some questions, they are sending me the backing to make the repair myself. In looking at everything, 1 hour seems about double the amount of time required, unless I do something really stupid. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the piece. Unless I really do something stupid and break something, in which case I won't post anymore as my DW will have disposed of my body. Or I could forget....
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the heat shield installed on the wall behind the microwave/convection oven when our oven died. GD made arrangements with Furrion to send out new unit to the mobile repair service we contracted with. GD design told the repair tech to install a shield on the wall before installing the new oven which was back in October 2019. The tech explained this to us and said that they, the tech service would not pay for the heat shield and then later mentioned there would be no charge as GD covered the heat shield as well. I did notice a fairly large black spot on the wall when they removed the old oven.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got our letter last week. We haven't used the convection part of the microwave yet. We plan to try it out at some time but can't see us using it much? Anyways, will likely get it done when we take it in for inspection in August.
    Todd and Kathy
    2017 Ford F250 4x4, 6.2 gasser, 3.73 gear ratio
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 287RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done a couple microwave installs at home and it is the same thing. Unplug, undo two screws in the cabinet on top and lower it down ensuring you put plywood etc over the stove top so you don’t break the glass cover. I called GD and they sent the shield to my house and I will be doing it in the next couple of days.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    I guess I am considering how much of a problem this is as I rarely use my convection setting. It would be a major PITA to take my TT for this issue. Plus I did some major work on how the space monkeys at GD attached my microwave and I really do not want anyone messing with it. If it is just discoloration and does not shadow through to the outside then I may just leave it alone. For those that have actually witnessed this problem, in your opinion is it something that is critical or just a minor annoyance?
    Give Grand Design a call as stated in the letter. I called and they shipped the heat shield to me to install.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was mounted with two screws on top just like a home microwave. I took it down, there was no discoloration I stuck the heat shield to the wall and put it back up it may have taken me 10 minutes just now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this on facebook. It shows how to do the repair yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=737V...BPVI6N6MfODQPw

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast