User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they sending the heat shield to buyers of used units. I am buying from a private owner, it’s a 2018 Reflection 303rls with the convection microwave. The owner has not mentioned getting the letter.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the letter several weeks ago. Called the dealer to let them know. First the dealer had heard about it. Thought I would get it done while additional warranty issues were addressed. Didn't hear anything from dealer for 2+ weeks. Called again Monday. Crickets until I got a text message from the service writer: "Grand Design is holding the claim up until they have photos of the data tag on the microwave and a picture of the front of the microwave". I told the dealer that was bs. I got the letter, with the VIN. GD knows it is covered. Service writer says they will not send the heat shield and cover labor until they get the pics. I can't get pics until this weekend. Pretty peeved.

Update: Called GD customer service. They said they changed the policy after sending out the letter and now require pics of microwave. They are trying to override that and send the heat shield to the dealer without photos.
    Oh, and I got the "it's just cosmetic" line while on the phone.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 06-04-2020 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Updated
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another update: GD stepped up and is sending the heat shield to me. They asked me to send in photos whenever I got around to it. I can install the heat shield myself, have a mobile tech do it or take it to the dealer. GD is also sending some other parts under warranty. Satisfied with the customer service. I might have over-reacted a bit when I got the text from the dealer due to the frustration of numerous ongoing and now new warranty issues, not including the heat shield. I'm sorry.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345