User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recall Notice. Microwave/Convection Oven

Just got my letter from GD telling me that they are going to pay to have the heat shield installed behind my micro/convection oven. I very rarely use mine so I have not noticed any problems with the excess heat and I did not make any complaint to GD.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    Just got my letter from GD telling me that they are going to pay to have the heat shield installed behind my micro/convection oven. I very rarely use mine so I have not noticed any problems with the excess heat and I did not make any complaint to GD.
    How funny, my dealer just called and said they are doing heat shield as well. It's there getting a residential fridge installed so they are going to knock this out too. Someone posted on here a while back about it scorching the wall behind their microwave, guess GD really listens. Nice.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got mine in mail today too.

They claim about three times in the letter that the discoloration is "cosmetic", but they are doing this as a customer satisfaction program. Regardless, I think it's great they are taking care of it.

Now it says it takes less than an hour. Lets see how many dealerships end up taking weeks.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder when I will get my recall in the mail. I would like to get this fixed too. I have used the convection function a number of times and notice a funny smell. I just figured it was the first few times using it that was the problem.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I wonder when I will get my recall in the mail. I would like to get this fixed too. I have used the convection function a number of times and notice a funny smell. I just figured it was the first few times using it that was the problem.

Rob
    I guess I am considering how much of a problem this is as I rarely use my convection setting. It would be a major PITA to take my TT for this issue. Plus I did some major work on how the space monkeys at GD attached my microwave and I really do not want anyone messing with it. If it is just discoloration and does not shadow through to the outside then I may just leave it alone. For those that have actually witnessed this problem, in your opinion is it something that is critical or just a minor annoyance?
    Last edited by Cahriad; 04-28-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the thread from Ryan bringing this situation to folks attention. He also has a similar thread in the other sandbox bringing the concern to GDRVs attention and their feedback to him:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ll-burns/page6

Thanks to Ryan @Hwktlg8 and I suspect others for beating the drum on this.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I wonder when I will get my recall in the mail. I would like to get this fixed too. I have used the convection function a number of times and notice a funny smell. I just figured it was the first few times using it that was the problem. Rob
    Rob I hope you'll post here if you get that notice, I'll try to remember to do the same. It would be interesting to know if Canadian customers are getting the same treatment.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Rob I hope you'll post here if you get that notice, I'll try to remember to do the same. It would be interesting to know if Canadian customers are getting the same treatment.
    Yes I will confirm if/when I get mine as well. I posted on the official GD site as well with that question and Rob (Cate&Rob) pinged the GD site reps to find out so if I see some kind of response there I will reply as well. Thanks for doing the same, much appreciated.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my letter. Not really a recall, more of a "we're going to fix this before it is a recall". I Noticed in one paragraph on the back that "If your distance from a Grand Design Dealer is significant, please call (number provided in the letter) 574-825-9679 so we can work with you to make other arrangements to have the needed repairs completed". I wonder if 3 hours is significant for a 1 hour repair? I know it is to me. I wonder if they would send a mobile tech? They stress that it's only cosmetic, and I don't use that feature much, but it does make me wonder...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I got my letter. Not really a recall, more of a "we're going to fix this before it is a recall". I Noticed in one paragraph on the back that "If your distance from a Grand Design Dealer is significant, please call (number provided in the letter) 574-825-9679 so we can work with you to make other arrangements to have the needed repairs completed". I wonder if 3 hours is significant for a 1 hour repair? I know it is to me. I wonder if they would send a mobile tech? They stress that it's only cosmetic, and I don't use that feature much, but it does make me wonder...
    We haven't received a letter (not sure if we will), but the distance isn't the issue with taking our rig into the dealer. It's the "bring it in Monday, so we can have a look at it by Thursday. And we'll try to have it ready for you by next week" issue. That's why we've lined up a repair facility close to where we store our rig for all our work.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast