User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP WITH BATTERY and Cable on 2020 GD Transcend 31RLS

We just went to check on our 2020 Grand Design Trascend 31RLS - someone stole the battery cables and all ? I have no clue how to hook up a new battery ? Where to hook cables to ? What cables to order ? Etc .. it looks like one of the nuts on the inside of the frame was loosened but I’m lost ? Outside of calling a Mobil repair guy , no clue what to do . Any wiring diagrams ? What cables can I order ? Uggh .. we are so upset and beside ourselves
    Please help

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheftjpeck View Post
    We just went to check on our 2020 Grand Design Trascend 31RLS - someone stole the battery cables and all ? I have no clue how to hook up a new battery ? Where to hook cables to ? What cables to order ? Etc .. it looks like one of the nuts on the inside of the frame was loosened but I’m lost ? Outside of calling a Mobil repair guy , no clue what to do . Any wiring diagrams ? What cables can I order ? Uggh .. we are so upset and beside ourselves
    Please help
    I've seen a couple of photos of travel trailers where the cables come in from the battery. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...akes-and-slide

How much wiring is left under the frame up near the front?
    There'd be Red wire, either 8 or 6 gauge from the battery positive to a circuit breaker, looks little rectangle with two screws.
    A Black wire 8 or 6 gauge from battery to the frame.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I've seen a couple of photos of travel trailers where the cables come in from the battery. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...akes-and-slide

There'd be Red wire, either 8 or 6 gauge from the battery positive to a circuit breaker, looks little rectangle with two screws.
    It appears there is a block thing on the frame with a bunch of wires connected to it . The nut was loose on it so this appears possibly where the positive cable was hooked . There is two connection spots here . There it also two wires bolted directly to frame (black )

I just ordered a shackle box to lock the battery as well as one for the propane tanks which we just removed for now.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears there is a block thing on the frame with a bunch of wires connected to it . The nut was loose on it so this appears possibly where the positive cable was hooked . There is two connection spots here . There it also two wires bolted directly to frame (black )

I just ordered a shackle box to lock the battery as well as one for the propane tanks which we just removed for now.
    If you could take a photo of the wires left that'd help. Hopefully a transcend trailer owner might be able to help on how to reconnect the wires.
    Last edited by gbkims; 04-29-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you could take a photo of the wires left that's help. Hopefully a transcend trailer owner might be able to help on how to reconnect the wires.
    I will tomorrow and post . Thank you very much

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could take a photo of the wires left that'd help. Hopefully a transcend trailer owner might be able to help on how to reconnect the wires.
    I posted some pics if anyone could assist

Thank you

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted some pics if anyone could assist

Thank you
    Looks like they just broke/cut off the wire lugs right where the Red connects to the circuit breaker and the Black from the frame bolt.
    Looks like the rest of the wiring wasn't touched.

Your TT wires look like the ones from the 2500RL photo in my 1st post, so I think your battery wires are 8 gauge wire. 6 gauge is a bit bigger wire so OK to use if can't get 8 gauge.
    Auto store may carry some automotive cable. Tinned marine cable is another good choice.

I think you just have to run new battery wires to the circuit breaker and the frame bolt.

The wire lugs for the Red wire to the circuit breaker is probably #10 hole and 5/16" at the battery.
    The wire lug for the Black to the frame looks like 1/4" hole.

I marked up the photo to show arrows where I think the wires should go.

Missing Battery Wires:

Wires to Battery:
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast