User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need information.

Does anyone know if you can order a Reflection Travel trailer without a ladder? I have a building I keep my RV in and the model we are interested in will not go in with the ladder on the back. I am only going to have an inch clearance with the ladder removed! I don't want to get one and have to pull it off and patch all the holes! Also, If I get the awning changed out, what chance do I have of the other awning arms and holes lining up with the awning Grand Design puts on them? I hate the type awning they use!! It is like the one I have now, and I swore I would never own another! They are not adjustable, they come out straight and catch wind terrible, and the dump automatic and build up water and dump about 5 gallons all at once and spatter mud all over everything! I want one I can tilt!

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​You might want to call Grand Design and ask for the Reflection rep. He may be able to arrange it if you don't want it. But they will likely send it with the trailer because it's part of the package
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    ​You might want to call Grand Design and ask for the Reflection rep. He may be able to arrange it if you don't want it. But they will likely send it with the trailer because it's part of the package
    I had emailed a Grand Design rep, don't know it he knew much about the Reflection as he did not know anything I ask him and most I would have thought he would be aware. He told me any changes would have to be done by the dealer? But, these changes would mess up the trailer if not done at the factory.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​Ask for the line manager... I think it is Micah Stahley
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    ​Ask for the line manager... I think it is Micah Stahley

Ok, thanks! I many try that, we have had a terrible time finding an RV with a floor plan we want that will fit in the building! We wanted a fifthwheel, but I have a 12 foot door and can't find one with 2 airs that will fit through the door. In trailers it is the length that gets us. I am only 34' 9" wall to door, and most with bed slide are 35' and up.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    Ok, thanks! I many try that, we have had a terrible time finding an RV with a floor plan we want that will fit in the building! We wanted a fifthwheel, but I have a 12 foot door and can't find one with 2 airs that will fit through the door. In trailers it is the length that gets us. I am only 34' 9" wall to door, and most with bed slide are 35' and up.
    Have you physically measured the trailer you are looking at?

Hopefully you aren't going off published lengths, as they are notoriously short.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if you can order a Reflection Travel trailer without a ladder? I have a building I keep my RV in and the model we are interested in will not go in with the ladder on the back. I am only going to have an inch clearance with the ladder removed! I don't want to get one and have to pull it off and patch all the holes! Also, If I get the awning changed out, what chance do I have of the other awning arms and holes lining up with the awning Grand Design puts on them? I hate the type awning they use!! It is like the one I have now, and I swore I would never own another! They are not adjustable, they come out straight and catch wind terrible, and the dump automatic and build up water and dump about 5 gallons all at once and spatter mud all over everything! I want one I can tilt!
    Is the ladder taller than the AC on top?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Have you physically measured the trailer you are looking at?

Hopefully you aren't going off published lengths, as they are notoriously short.
    Yes, in fact I drove 2 hours one way today to the nearest 300rbts trailer to me. The quoted measurement seems spot on from hitch to back of trailer, but the ladder sticks out 7 inches further! They say, "over all length" but it is not over all length when you don't include the mandatory ladder! The salesman called and talked to 2 Grand Design reps and both said, they could not omit the ladder! Said, they would have to stop the line. Which I think is bull! I worked in Manufacturing for 34 years and know how many type of manufacturing works! I don't think it would be that big of a deal to just not screw it on! I could see if there were holes to cut or tooling to change or consider, but these things are just hand built! Bottom line, if they can't omit the ladder, I will be buying someone else's product! Hate that because I like Grand design and think they have good layouts and better build quality than others! We found a Rockwood that has some of the features we want, but are missing some. My wife wants to buy it, but I don't like their roofs without a frame! Also, noticed some issues just doing a walk though. Not a good sign!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Is the ladder taller than the AC on top?
    It is not the height, it is the length that is getting me! The ladder makes it 6" to long to go in my building!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for what it's worth, we have a fifth wheel model 230RL that only has one AC. We live in Florida and have camped in Florida year round without ever feeling we needed a second ac.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast