User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well - I am having them send me the heat shield, as I am 3 hours away. I asked for instructions on removing the microwave, and on the installation of the shield. It's pretty straight forward. Pull the plastic cover/valance/vent off the top of the Microwave - remove the screws holding it in place, lift it out of the bottom bracket, unplug and set aside. Remove the cover off the self stick shield, install above the bracket, then reverse the removal of the microwave. Or, being as your that distance away, they may send a mobile tech.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Well - I am having them send me the heat shield, as I am 3 hours away. I asked for instructions on removing the microwave, and on the installation of the shield. It's pretty straight forward. Pull the plastic cover/valance/vent off the top of the Microwave - remove the screws holding it in place, lift it out of the bottom bracket, unplug and set aside. Remove the cover off the self stick shield, install above the bracket, then reverse the removal of the microwave. Or, being as your that distance away, they may send a mobile tech.
    thanks alot for the quick response. sounds like i can do it myself. did they kick up a fuss when you suggested diy? also, do you think there is a potential fire hazard at play, here?
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    thanks alot for the quick response. sounds like i can do it myself. did they kick up a fuss when you suggested diy? also, do you think there is a potential fire hazard at play, here?
    Heck no - they are more than happy when you do it yourself - saves the money. Plus - traveling all that distance for something simple would be a pain for me - especially if they are real busy and you have you leave it. Also, she suggested me doing the repair myself. What I said was that as long as I had proper instructions no problem, which she emailed me.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More info please?

I didn't see any info on what year, model etc. the recall is for?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is more discussion about the recall in the general section https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...17-heat-shield
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T4nwalt View Post
    I didn't see any info on what year, model etc. the recall is for?
    It isn't RV model dependent. It depends on if you have a Microwave/Convection oven combination. Also, some model RV's have a through the wall vent, which negates the need for this heat shield.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see any qualifying info in this thread. Hence, why I was asking for more information? Is it for ALL Microwave/Convection oven combinations without a through wall vent? Is it for model year 20?? To 2020? Is it for all Microwave/ Convection oven model #s ? I guess I'll just wait to see if I receive a letter.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T4nwalt View Post
    I didn't see any qualifying info in this thread. Hence, why I was asking for more information? Is it for ALL Microwave/Convection oven combinations without a through wall vent? Is it for model year 20?? To 2020? Is it for all Microwave/ Convection oven model #s ? I guess I'll just wait to see if I receive a letter.
    Well, it isn't just for model year 2020, since mine is a 2019 and I got a letter. My "repair kit" will be here tomorrow. Some newer models, late 2020, and 2021 models will have this already installed I would suspect. If you don't get a letter, call Grand Design and ask about your specific RV. Have your Vin number handy, they will ask for it. I don't think anyone on this site can give exact details but someone may have more information than me. Sorry I can't be of more help..
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the heat shield. It appears to be a legitimate heat shield. Foil facing with 1/4" of fireproof ceramic fiber insulation behind it. Seems pretty substantial and will do the trick nicely! Instructions for two different types of microwave installs included (with o/head cabinet and W/O). Great job by Grand design (better if they had done this to begin with but they DID do a fix).
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Just got the heat shield. It appears to be a legitimate heat shield. Foil facing with 1/4" of fireproof ceramic fiber insulation behind it. Seems pretty substantial and will do the trick nicely! Instructions for two different types of microwave installs included (with o/head cabinet and W/O). Great job by Grand design (better if they had done this to begin with but they DID do a fix).
    thanks. talked to them this a.m. mine's on the way.
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast