User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by red_neck_camper View Post
    Freeda: I installed mine in my 31MB, which has no overhead cab. You will need 2 people, unless you're very strong. Remove the top trim piece, which is difficult. It snaps in - you can usually pull one end out slightly, then carefully work toward the middle. Just about when you think it's going to break in half,it snaps out. Behind it, 5 3-inch screws hold up the front of MW. Get someone to hold up front of MW while you take out last screw. Pivot front down and lift back up and off bracket. Stick shield to wall and re-install MW. Hardest part is holding MW up while you try to get those dang 3-inch screws in their original holes. Get the angle right or you'll drive one right through the top of the slide!

Ken
    Ken, do you know the build date of your 31MB? Was it a 2019 or 2020? I have a 2020 with a build date of October 2019. Need to call GD and see what they say about recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you contact Grand Design they will ask for the serial and model number of your microwave/convection oven...at least they did when I contacted them by email inquiring about the heat shield. I sent a picture showing the model and serial number.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the same letter. I called GD Reflection customer service and they are sending the protective material to me to install. It's not that hard to install - remove 2 screws to remove the MW, peel off the adhesive covering and stick to the wall. They said installation instructions come with it (I have not received it yet). Great customer service!

Ken
    I just went to install the microwave shield. My 2018 303 has the Furrion microwave in it. The instructions sent with the kit by Grand Design are not very clear. No relevance to how my microwave is installed. I had to remove the chrome cover along the top of the microwave above the door by pulling on it from the top and pivoting it downwards. Once you remove that top chrome cover above the door, you will see five square head screws that are brown in color. You remove these five screws. Be careful because when the last screw comes out the microwave will pivot forward so you need a second person to hold it for you. By the way, the screws are about 3" to 4 " long. Pivot the microwave forward and it will lift off the hinge plate at the back of the microwave. The plug in for the microwave is at the right rear corner of the microwave. It’s about a 15 minute job.
    Last edited by Canadiansteelman; 08-08-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the same letter. I called GD Reflection customer service and they are sending the protective material to me to install. It's not that hard to install - remove 2 screws to remove the MW, peel off the adhesive covering and stick to the wall. They said installation instructions come with it (I have not received it yet). Great customer service!

Ken
    I have had my oven fixed. They remove the microwave and put an aluminized pad behind the microwave to protect from excess heat generated by the convection oven. It was a simple installation.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My rig was manufactured in March of 2020 and when I called GD they said the fix was done at the time of the build. I haven't removed my Microwave/Convection to check but maybe I'll do that just to make sure.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my Furrion Microwave/Convection oven down today to satisfy myself that I wasn't going to have a problem with heat behind the oven. I found an aluminum sheet mounted on the wall that filled the entire area behind where the microwave is mounted and also a 1/2" thick piece of rigid insulation about 1 ft. square mounted to that aluminum sheet. It also had an aluminum sheet attached to it. So two sheets of aluminum with rigid insulation between them. What I've seen from others pictures is a small piece of aluminum sheeting mounted directly to the wall. I think what GD did with my RV during the build provides a lot more protection. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture to show everyone.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456