User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure wish someone would come up with a way to open/close that outside vent from inside. On my Momentum, it's up so high that I have to access the locking tabs using a ladder. How nice would it be to have dial/knob/something inside the trailer and be able to turn a knob or pull/push something and the outside vent would open when needed and be able to close it when done.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received my letter about two weeks ago but I have now lost it. If someone could give me the grand design phone number or email off of it so I can attempt to have the shield sent to me I would appreciate it. Thank you
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    I received my letter about two weeks ago but I have now lost it. If someone could give me the grand design phone number or email off of it so I can attempt to have the shield sent to me I would appreciate it. Thank you
    GDRV Customer Service 574 825 9679.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    The number is 574-825-9679
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Ordered the heat shield on Friday, May 8th, received on Tuesday May 12th. Installed it yesterday. It took longer to take the microwave down than to do the install. The actual heat shield has a foil covering in the front and the body of it appears to be a ceramic type material....so it should do a great job protecting the wall surface behind the microwave/convection ovens.

Before picture.....and ignore the area below where the microwave resides. We removed the backsplash behind the stove and are putting up something new once the microwave has been reinstalled....

After.....
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Update: Ordered the heat shield on Friday, May 8th, received on Tuesday May 12th. Installed it yesterday. It took longer to take the microwave down than to do the install. The actual heat shield has a foil covering in the front and the body of it appears to be a ceramic type material....so it should do a great job protecting the wall surface behind the microwave/convection ovens.

Before picture.....and ignore the area below where the microwave resides. We removed the backsplash behind the stove and are putting up something new once the microwave has been reinstalled....

After.....
    Another update........Backsplash installed today. It's pretty much a home-made one. I had some leftover 1/8" thick white melamine board and my wife found a roll of Metallic brushed Silver Self Adhesive Vinyl film at Home Depot. I measured and cut out a piece of the whiteboard to fit so that we would have a very smooth surface to work with instead of the wallpaper of the panelling under it. Once cut and fitted to the dimensions we wanted, the vinyl film was applied over the board and the end that is exposed, was cut a couple of inches longer so that it could be folded over and the board under it not seen. This is how it turned out.....
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty darn good I think!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone installed this on a 303 (without overhead cabinet) yet? Received mine yesterday from GD and was wondering how hard the installed (removing oven) was. Looks like I have to first remove the front oven vent cover.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freeda: I installed mine in my 31MB, which has no overhead cab. You will need 2 people, unless you're very strong. Remove the top trim piece, which is difficult. It snaps in - you can usually pull one end out slightly, then carefully work toward the middle. Just about when you think it's going to break in half,it snaps out. Behind it, 5 3-inch screws hold up the front of MW. Get someone to hold up front of MW while you take out last screw. Pivot front down and lift back up and off bracket. Stick shield to wall and re-install MW. Hardest part is holding MW up while you try to get those dang 3-inch screws in their original holes. Get the angle right or you'll drive one right through the top of the slide!

Ken
    2020 Reflection 31MB Fifth Wheel
    2007 Ford F350 diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the details on the heat shield install. Completed it the other day.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast