Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supposedly 30 days.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what the top of my fridge looked like. It's a dometic just two door 8cu ft. I believe. I hadn't noticed issues cooling yet, but reading all these posts and heading to SC next, got me thinking I should check things. It has an angled aluminum baffle on top, but in my opinion it is recessed to far back. It's supposed to prevent hot air from collecting on top of the fridge, but it is curved and probably set a foot back from the back edge of the fridge. There was no insulation on top. I also removed the horizontal baffle under the cooling fins, but may add it back. Makes sense it should cause the air pushed by the fan to be directed at the fins instead of going out the top vent. My fridge isn't in a slide and has the wall vents, not a roof vent. I did add some fiberglass insulation on the top of the fridge behind the upper baffle, and plan to add some in front of that top baffle, as well as bend it more towards the back edge of the fridge so it isn't set back so far..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200525_171032.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	27151Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200525_163756518.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	27152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200525_164327218.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	27153
    Last edited by chrisopy; 06-10-2020 at 09:07 AM.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stephen n Kerri - hah! I bought one of those little boxy battery fans a couple of years ago. Wouldn’t dare post that I did. But gee, the darn little fan does make a difference. Thanks for letting me “come out” ��
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started this thread and now I'm going to revive it - a year later. My fridge works well. It keeps stuff inside cold and frozen in the freezer. I've got two fans in the back instead of the original just one. The two fans aren't as quiet as I think they should be. I'll probably try to make them quieter with some dampening.
    The point of this post is that the fridge works as well on AC as it does gas. But the fans don't seem to come on when we're plugged in - only on gas. Is this a clue? Why would that be? Don't both methods involve the cooling tubes and fins? Does gas make the tubes hotter? Thanks, experts.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    I started this thread and now I'm going to revive it - a year later. My fridge works well. It keeps stuff inside cold and frozen in the freezer. I've got two fans in the back instead of the original just one. The two fans aren't as quiet as I think they should be. I'll probably try to make them quieter with some dampening.
    The point of this post is that the fridge works as well on AC as it does gas. But the fans don't seem to come on when we're plugged in - only on gas. Is this a clue? Why would that be? Don't both methods involve the cooling tubes and fins? Does gas make the tubes hotter? Thanks, experts.
    I can't speak to why they come on more with propane than electric. However, it would make since that when on propane there would be more heat in the cavity because there is an actual flame burning. It's probably because of the extra heat introduced from the flame.

As for the fan noise, I had originally installed two 120mm fans to replace the single OEM fan. Those two fans lasted about 1 year. They were starting to get more noisy. I check them out before replacing and noticed that their vibration was causing vibration of the metal strap they were mounted to that goes across the back of the fridge. Short term is I inserted some shims (plastic zip ties actually) behind the metal strip and that eliminated the extra noise. I did however replace them with two 92mm fans. The 92mm fit back into the existing mounting holes. They are working great and no noise.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngl9766 View Post
    I also opted for the two small fans inside. They are the small blowers. Be careful with the fan size Inside the fridge I learned that too much airflow actually increase the internal temp.
    Any more detail on this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123