User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50 amp to 110 adapter

I'm looking to buy an adapter to run my frig and lights a day or 2 before we leave. i need an adapter but cant remember if my 50 amp outlet is 3 or 4 prongs. Anyone remember?

Also any gotchas when using an adapter like this other than not trying to run something greater than 15 amp?

this is for a 303 rls

Thanks.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 50 amp cord is 4 conductor/prong

No problem using the 50 to 15 adapter for running the fridge, lights and keeping the battery charged and anything else under 15 amps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55168__66016.1544201903.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	26272
    Last edited by DarylB; 05-03-2020 at 07:11 AM.
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Daryl.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked this up. Works very well as long as you don't overload it.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LDJP9WK..._NkSREbTKJM0ZE
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Make sure the furnace and fireplace are off. Some people leave these on when they disconnected at their last campground. Also unplug the microwave so no one “forgets” they can’t use it. If you have more than one battery and a high output converter/charger and the large refrigerator, they might be too much for a 15a circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Make sure the furnace and fireplace are off. Some people leave these on when they disconnected at their last campground. Also unplug the microwave so no one “forgets” they can’t use it. If you have more than one battery and a high output converter/charger and the large refrigerator, they might be too much for a 15a circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good advice. Another consideration could be adding a 50A RV plug at your home if panel location/breaker space permits without a tremendous investment. I was able to do my own as I have experience with residential electric through my business, however, you may want to seek the assistance of a qualified electrician in your area. It is nice to be able to run the air conditioners to prepare for a trip as well as cleaning the interior after the return from a trip. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate all the helpful input. Without going to check my rv, i am only finding a 3 prong female end to the 50 receptacle. Is that correct?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use this at home or when we had a storage facility with a 120v receptacle . We use it with a 120v extension cord. We run fridge, TV and lights with it. https://www.amazon.com/ABN-15A-50A-P...dp/B01L2BLV9E/

It beats dragging out the heavy 50 amp cord.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1B4F6B88-22D6-4C79-9652-0941CBC94AB1.png  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Appreciate all the helpful input. Without going to check my rv, i am only finding a 3 prong female end to the 50 receptacle. Is that correct?
    A 50 amp RV connector has the (2) 120v hots and (1) neutral on the (3) "prongs" the 4th wire is the ground which is the terminal on the outer edge of the connector.
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it’s just late, and I’m not thinking clearly, but why turn off the furnace? It’s propane, and the only real electrical draw is to run the blower. I currently have mine hooked up to a 20A circuit in my garage, with the thermostat set to 38, so that it only comes on if it’s getting close to freezing. We’re expecting a low of 24 later in the week.

And, by the way, you’re always at 110 volts (hopefully). You’re just changing the amount of current available for use from 50 amps (some would say 100 if you consider both legs of the hook-up) to either 15 or 20 amps, depending on the circuit that you are hooking up to.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Richter; 05-03-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast