User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay! Finally Our First Trip

We took possession of our 2020 Imagine 2600RB on Feb 8th. Then the virus hit and like many of you we were not able to use it other than in the backyard. Until this weekend that is.

Georgia's governor let the shelter in place order expire Thursday night at midnight. So Thursday we called Scenic Mountain rv park in Milledgeville GA (50 min drive from the house) and reserved a space for Friday and Saturday nights. I explained the whole new TT situation to the lady and she gave us a really nice site.

This is nice rv park. The grounds are well kept. Some of the sites are very spacious. Free wifi and cable TV. They have 6 stocked ponds and since they are private ponds you don't need a fishing license. We had a great weekend trip. I'm sitting at the park about to pack up and head home.

Here is our site. This was taken Saturday evening just before dusk. Taking this picture I'm not even standing in my neighbors site yet.

This other picture is their back pond in the woods that they had stocked with large mouth bass. We didn't get a chance to fish it but that's okay, I see many impromptu weekend trips back to this rv park.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm1a.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	26274

Name:	sm1b.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	26275
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you could get out! The place looks really nice. Folks will ask about your fire unit, and what is the fenced part, in the background beyond the back of your trailer? Very impressive site size.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Glad you could get out! The place looks really nice. Folks will ask about your fire unit, and what is the fenced part, in the background beyond the back of your trailer? Very impressive site size.
    N
    Not all the sites were this big but some were. They lady in the office did us right with this site.

The fire pit is a Solo Stove Bonfire. It is an awesome fire pit. Every time we use it (quite frequently) I tell Mrs skreef what an awesome purchase that was.

The fenced area is a dog play area. They have two of those in this park along with 2 dog wash areas. This is a really nice rv park that gets great reviews. Close enough to home that quick weekend trips, leaving after work on Friday, are easily doable.
    Charles and Susan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a great time! I will have to keep that park in mind! Ironically, I was looking at the Solo Stove this morning online, then saw your pic. They are currently offering the stove and throwing in the base for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Not all the sites were this big but some were. They lady in the office did us right with this site.

The fire pit is a Solo Stove Bonfire. It is an awesome fire pit. Every time we use it (quite frequently) I tell Mrs skreef what an awesome purchase that was.

The fenced area is a dog play area. They have two of those in this park along with 2 dog wash areas. This is a really nice rv park that gets great reviews. Close enough to home that quick weekend trips, leaving after work on Friday, are easily doable.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R 2019 Ford F350 SRW SB 6.7L Powerstroke

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hubie1988 View Post
    Looks like a great time! I will have to keep that park in mind! Ironically, I was looking at the Solo Stove this morning online, then saw your pic. They are currently offering the stove and throwing in the base for free.

It's an awesome fire pit. Mine came with the base. You definitely want the base. With the base you can sit it on grass and it won't scorch the grass when in use. Also the base is slightly smaller than the unit so you can store the base in the unit when traveling with it.
    Charles and Susan

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure the fire pit sunk in the ground like that would've been a smoldering, smokey mess. Solo stove looks to be burning clean. I've been eyeing those up lately. What size do you have?
    Last edited by 315RLTSinPA; 05-03-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    I'm sure the fire pit sunk in the ground like that would've been a smoldering, smokey mess. Solo stove looks to be burning clean. I've been eyeing those up lately. What size do you have?

Yea we watched quite a few people struggle with the in ground fire pits.

Ours is the Bonfire. Good for 2-4 people. I know somebody who has a Yukon and it's a bit big for travel.

Solo Stoves are super easy to get going. A fire starter cube in the middle. Two logs, cross hatch some kindling, 1 or 2 more layers of logs. Fire it up and walk away. It'll smoke for about 10-15 minutes then burn clean from there on out as long as you keep the wood below the top rim. What you see burning is fresh cut totally green oak. Once going the Solo Stove doesn't care what you put in it.
    Charles and Susan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking site. Ordered a Bonfire last year, it was back-ordered and then we hit fire ban season. Cancelled the order and ashamed to admit it but went with a propane pit. some PNW campgrounds will not allow any flame not controlled by a valve during dry fire ban times - which can often be from mid May to October.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Great looking site. Ordered a Bonfire last year, it was back-ordered and then we hit fire ban season. Cancelled the order and ashamed to admit it but went with a propane pit. some PNW campgrounds will not allow any flame not controlled by a valve during dry fire ban times - which can often be from mid May to October.

I totally understand. I have a propane fire pit that I use in the winter up on the porch when I'm cooking outside. In the S.E. US we almost never have a fire ban. If you ever decide to buy a wood burning fire pit, I consider Solo Stoves to be about as safe as you could ever get. Very few sparks, all wood is burned completely, and with the stand/riser it doesn't even scorch the grass under it.
    Charles and Susan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll jump in and give a hearty "two thumbs up" for the Solo Stove - one of the best camping accessory purchases we've made for sure.

We have the Bonfire also - fits nicely in the basement pass-through storage in our Imagine 2400BH in it's own carry bag. We also have the base and set it up anywhere we want on our campsite since it won't singe grass or leave a mark on a concrete or stone patio. We camped last weekend (Finally!) and of course had a few campfires. You can see the fire coming through the vent holes inside the upper rim of the Stove - heated air burns off excess smoke and makes for a VERY hot fire. (Excuse the stains on the upper rim - kids let their Smores come in contact with it and left carbonized marshmallows )

Name:	DF6D1D63-C8AF-4017-BBCC-55A6AA196B46_1_201_a.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	26316

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 07B17384-0115-49A6-934D-04589D24BCC8_1_201_a.jpeg  
    Last edited by Rovers; 05-04-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast