User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some updated info I just became aware of, Gen-Y has slightly redesigned these so they are shorter. If you look at the dimensions of the unit on their website, you'll see one of the dimensions listed as 16.33". Mine measures closer to 20", so that is what they shortened. I'm not sure what other dimensions changed but this would definitely affect clearance.
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    I have some updated info I just became aware of, Gen-Y has slightly redesigned these so they are shorter. If you look at the dimensions of the unit on their website, you'll see one of the dimensions listed as 16.33". Mine measures closer to 20", so that is what they shortened. I'm not sure what other dimensions changed but this would definitely affect clearance.
    Is your Chevy a shorted? Can you turn close to 90 degrees with your Gen Y?

thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gen-Y 5th wheel gooseneck hitches on sale

Quote Originally Posted by stunuffer View Post
    Is your Chevy a shorted? Can you turn close to 90 degrees with your Gen Y?

thanks
    Yes I have the “standard” bed, shorter than the long bed.

I feel like I’ve gotten pretty close to 90° but still need to verify. I just got my 381 so still have some testing to do, including a full 90° test, preferably with a spotter
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I've been struggling to decide between various Pullrite setups (2315 vs 2300 + 4439), due to my 2020 Ram 3500's short bed and amount of weight we may pull, and just stumbled upon the Gen-Y today. Our main concerns were amount of height above the bed rails to the 5th wheel and if we could make somewhat severe turns (80 degrees plus if needed).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I've been struggling to decide between various Pullrite setups (2315 vs 2300 + 4439), due to my 2020 Ram 3500's short bed and amount of weight we may pull, and just stumbled upon the Gen-Y today. Our main concerns were amount of height above the bed rails to the 5th wheel and if we could make somewhat severe turns (80 degrees plus if needed).
    I don’t believe I had any issues with bed rail height clearance. I have to head out of town for work but will be back Tuesday. Not sure how big of a rush you are in but happy to take any measurements and/or verify just how close to 90° I can get once I’m back. Need to do it for my knowledge anyway

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, just to make sure we are talking about the same product, are you looking at their standard fifth wheel king pin or the king pin to gooseneck conversion? I have the kingpin to gooseneck conversion model.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    Btw, just to make sure we are talking about the same product, are you looking at their standard fifth wheel king pin or the king pin to gooseneck conversion? I have the kingpin to gooseneck conversion model.
    Kingpin to gooseneck model..officially the

Executive Fifth-Wheel King Pin to Gooseneck Conversion w/Auto Latch Coupler & Cable (Torsion-Flex).

The only thing I'm worried about is the turning radius, my Ram 3500 mega cab only has a 6.5 foot bed and I'm worried about hitting the truck's cab with the side of the 381M.

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they shortened the length by 2 inches and it clears no problem now. Even room If your off camber. I'm really liking towing with this. It's really smooth now and was a worthwhile improvement.
    '19 Momentum 351M
    '20 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 8' bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they shortened the length by 2 inches and it clears no problem now. Even room If your off camber. I'm really liking towing with this. It's really smooth now and was a worthwhile improvement
    '19 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they shortened the length by 2 inches and it clears no problem now. Even room If your off camber. I'm really liking towing with this. It's really smooth now and was a worthwhile improvement
    '19 Momentum 351M

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast