User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    I don’t believe I had any issues with bed rail height clearance. I have to head out of town for work but will be back Tuesday. Not sure how big of a rush you are in but happy to take any measurements and/or verify just how close to 90° I can get once I’m back. Need to do it for my knowledge anyway
    Could you also measure from the gooseneck connection in your bed to the back of your cab (window)? My RAM is 36 inches, I'm hoping the way the front of the 381M is designed, it makes it more amenable to a short bed, non-slider solution like you are running right now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stunuffer View Post
    Could you also measure from the gooseneck connection in your bed to the back of your cab (window)? My RAM is 36 inches, I'm hoping the way the front of the 381M is designed, it makes it more amenable to a short bed, non-slider solution like you are running right now.
    No problem. I fly home tonight and plan on working on the RV tomorrow so I should be able to get this tomorrow for ya
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. I fly home tonight and plan on working on the RV tomorrow so I should be able to get this tomorrow for ya
    I am curious too about this measurement on your truck, also having a Ram short bed. Thanks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    I am curious too about this measurement on your truck, also having a Ram short bed. Thanks.
    Shoot I never did get to this, sorry guys. Thanks for the reminder.

I set myself an alarm to check this tomorrow for you
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gen-Y 5th wheel gooseneck hitches on sale

Quote Originally Posted by stunuffer View Post
    Hey guys, just measured this, from the ball to the rear window it’s about 46” on my truck (2020 Chevy Silverado 3500).

Side note, as I mentioned previous I had the old design of gen-y hitch. They are sending me a different model and it will be the new style with shorter dimensions of the hitch. I’ll be curious to see how this changes things but from others I’ve talked to it’s great for shorter beds and clearance
    Last edited by FirstAscent; 12-01-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been following the Gen-Y hitches as I like the idea of their fiver hitches. Their advertising turns me off however. Looks like they build hitches for guys with trucks who are more into bling then practicality. Look ‘em on their FB page to see what I mean. Makes me wonder how well their hitch would hold up if their focus is bling.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, just measured this, from the ball to the rear window it’s about 46” on my truck (2020 Chevy Silverado 3500).

Side note, as I mentioned previous I had the old design of gen-y hitch. They are sending me a different model and it will be the new style with shorter dimensions of the hitch. I’ll be curious to see how this changes things but from others I’ve talked to it’s great for shorter beds and clearance
    Wow, you have 10 more inches than my 36”. I am guessing you have a long bed truck? Thanks for measuring btw.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Been following the Gen-Y hitches as I like the idea of their fiver hitches. Their advertising turns me off however. Looks like they build hitches for guys with trucks who are more into bling then practicality. Look ‘em on their FB page to see what I mean. Makes me wonder how well their hitch would hold up if their focus is bling.
    Yeah I could see how you’d get that impression. But they have been around for awhile and made a good name for themselves with their standard hitches. And I do have to admit, their customer service so far has been outstanding, which is hard to come by tho see days.

Wow, you have 10 more inches than my 36”. I am guessing you have a long bed truck? Thanks for measuring btw.
    Yeah I was surprised when I measured haha. No this isn’t even the long bed, just the standard bed. But this standard bed is way bigger than the short bed of my precious truck (2019 Silverado 1500).

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you installed the replacement Gen Y? I saw on their website an additional 3" were taken off, I am assuming because of the newer larger trucks. I have a 2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 and just bought a Reflection 337RLS. I really like the Gen Y because of how it is built and no air bags. Do you have enough bed rail clearance?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took another look at this after SmokeyBear's post, and for the first time I noticed that they say you must re-torque the mounting bolts every 100 miles, which seems insane to me. https://genyhitch.com/product/execut...ion-flex-copy/ , the last picture. Am I missing something?

Also, it appears the 16" between the ball and bolts will bring the trailer much closer to the cab than the 18" of the goose box https://www.etrailer.com/question-367183.html . This will create more issues for shorter beds, will it not? Again, am I missing something?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast