User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    Oh good, yeah that actually makes sense!

Today was a travel day so I was able to grab some photos after I hooked up, let me know if you need anything different and I can grab some others when I leave from this spot.
    I forgot to actually measure the bed rail clearance but I'd say it's just under 7, maybe 6.5" or so? With that being said, I haven't had any issues yet. Also, I can't be certain but I'd bet the 4.5k model would have a slightly higher bed rail clearance, keeping all weights equal. I'm just basing this off the fact that the 4.5k model will have more tension holding it higher in its torsional rotation, at the same pin weight of course.

Attachment 31868

Attachment 31869

Attachment 31870

Attachment 31871
    These photos are just what I needed....really appreciate it! Very nice truck and trailer set-up you have. The palm trees in the background is a much better sight than all the snow we have here. Thanks again and when I get my rig set-up I will post photos.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBear View Post
    These photos are just what I needed....really appreciate it! Very nice truck and trailer set-up you have. The palm trees in the background is a much better sight than all the snow we have here. Thanks again and when I get my rig set-up I will post photos.
    Awesome glad I could help!
    Yeah that was Palm Springs and the weather was pretty great! I actually love the snow and this is the first winter I went Away from the snow haha.

Looking forward to seeing your rig, I’m having a blast with mine!
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    Awesome glad I could help!
    Yeah that was Palm Springs and the weather was pretty great! I actually love the snow and this is the first winter I went Away from the snow haha.

Looking forward to seeing your rig, I’m having a blast with mine!
    I forgot to ask...I am assuming with the re-designed Gen Y you no longer rub your bed rail. I have a tonneau bed cover which the rail is sits on is maybe 3/4-1" off the bed rail. With the redesign shaving off 3" (19.33" to 16.33"), I figure there will be plenty of room and no issues. I did speak to Gen Y again yesterday just to verify the 4.5k model (my Reflection pin box is 2,090 lbs. and GVWR 14,000) and they recommended it still. He said the only 5th wheels where there have had some issue with the rating is the toy haulers rode better with a model rated a little less which was probably your case. I will be ordering my Gen Y and safety chains on Friday.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to ask...I am assuming with the re-designed Gen Y you no longer rub your bed rail. I have a tonneau bed cover which the rail is sits on is maybe 3/4-1" off the bed rail. With the redesign shaving off 3" (19.33" to 16.33"), I figure there will be plenty of room and no issues. I did speak to Gen Y again yesterday just to verify the 4.5k model (my Reflection pin box is 2,090 lbs. and GVWR 14,000) and they recommended it still. He said the only 5th wheels where there have had some issue with the rating is the toy haulers rode better with a model rated a little less which was probably your case. I will be ordering my Gen Y and safety chains on Friday.
    I’ve been meaning to do a good test in a parking lot or something to see if I can get to full 90° and still have clearance. But, yes I definitely do have more clearance with this model than the previous gen.

Nice, yeah I’m not sure what it was that caused my issues, but they told me too it’s super rare and I’m sure what they recommend will work great for you and your setup, they’re great guys.

Btw, the 4.5k model is a tad heavier than the 3.5k model. Definitely make sure you have a second hand installing it haha. The stock kingpin weighs like 20lbs and you’ll wonder how it pulls so much weight but these Gen-Y’s are stout!!
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gen Y hitch arrived...you were not kidding, this is well built and stout! I bought off eTrailer (free shipping) but had to buy chains from Gen Y. They have been great answering all my questions and didn't charge me shipping for the chains. Unfortunately I won't be able to install until next month when we pick up the Reflection. Looking at the design- any tips to connecting to the ball?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...kit-69778.html

I use one of these from Harbor Freight. I stick it right on top of the ball and then just center it on the Gen-Y as I'm backing up to it, when I knock it over I'm right there on the ball. Simple and works good.
    '19 Momentum 351M
    '20 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 8' bed

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gen Y hitch arrived...you were not kidding, this is well built and stout! I bought off eTrailer (free shipping) but had to buy chains from Gen Y. They have been great answering all my questions and didn't charge me shipping for the chains. Unfortunately I won't be able to install until next month when we pick up the Reflection. Looking at the design- any tips to connecting to the ball?
    Woohoo! Congrats. And yeah told ya so haha. I did the same as you, I had bought mine a couple months before I picked up my momentum haha

My truck has a camera pointing into the truck bed, using this I can get it aligned left to right pretty easily. The camera angle doesn’t quite show when I’m right over the ball but I can get pretty close within a couple inches.
    At that point I just get out and look, then back up or pull forward a bit at a time until it’s good. By myself I can get it in just a few tries so it’s fast now. If you have a helper then it’s easy to have them tell you when to stop.

Did you get the auto latch or the manual lock pin?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VPFam5 View Post
    https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...kit-69778.html

I use one of these from Harbor Freight. I stick it right on top of the ball and then just center it on the Gen-Y as I'm backing up to it, when I knock it over I'm right there on the ball. Simple and works good.
    Never seen that before, simple yet efficient!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the auto latch. I pick up the camper next Friday. Looking forward to it. I may have already asked but sitting the hitch on the ball...just lower it until it pops into place? No need to pull the latch open to connect?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the auto latch. I pick up the camper next Friday. Looking forward to it. I may have already asked but sitting the hitch on the ball...just lower it until it pops into place? No need to pull the latch open to connect?
    Sweet! I really like the auto latch more than the pin, I had the pin first. Correct, to connect it just lower it in place and it will auto latch. You only have to open it when disconnecting, which makes sense

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast