User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EncoreJoe View Post
    You may also consider the weight of the generator and how it will be put in and removed from the truck bed. I went with 2 of the Honda 2200i units that can run in parallel to start our HVAC unit in the 2150RB. They are 50 pounds each. If you tweak your back just once on a trip loading and unloading a bigger generator that trip will cease to be a vacation.

I ran them for 3 days straight during our deep freeze event in Texas last month and they saved our pumphouse piping with a heat lamp and ran a small space heater in the house during extended power outage. I'm very happy with them.

Best wishes.

Joe
    Yep

That’s why we have portable ramps in the truck bed
    Pull out the Westinghouse’s handle wheel it down the ramp on its wheels

Also have an exhaust hose extension so we can just run it from the truck bed. Use that when we are only staying a night or two and it isn’t worth setting up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something to consider when talking about generators is that the advertised "running watts" is combined between both legs. For example, our geny is rated at 5500 running watts but since my trailer is a 30A, I will only be able to utilize 2750 watts at any given time. I assume this is true for inverter generator's also but have not done my research to make that claim. I would love to get an inverter generator b/c they do have LOTS of benefits but they are so pricey! For now I make due with the $500 generac that is super loud!!!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    Something to consider when talking about generators is that the advertised "running watts" is combined between both legs. For example, our geny is rated at 5500 running watts but since my trailer is a 30A, I will only be able to utilize 2750 watts at any given time. I assume this is true for inverter generator's also but have not done my research to make that claim. I would love to get an inverter generator b/c they do have LOTS of benefits but they are so pricey! For now I make due with the $500 generac that is super loud!!!
    Is so true. I also have a 30 amp trailer.

At least with the 4500 Westinghouse which I believe is 3700 I have enough in one generator to run the full 2750 watts. That means easy start to the ac plus power to the Victron 120 amp battery charger. The Victron multi plus also has all of our 110 receptacles live.
    We don’t always run the ac so it means we could run vacum, micro, tv, laptop and WeBoost all at once. I could always put an extension cord off the generator in addition to the shore power cord and utilized the extra 800 watts independent of the trailers wired 30 amp service.

With a small generator in many cases you are much more limited and in some cases need a modification to even run our 15000 ac.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123