User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 337RLS price

I’m looking at purchasing a 2019 337RLS that has had 2 seasons of use. It appears to be well cared for, and in great condition. In your opinion, what would be a fair purchase price for this unit? I know that’s like asking “how long is a piece of string”... but what would you be comfortable paying for said unit?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A brand new, model year 2020 or 2021 can be had for about $45,000 or so. Grand design will not honor warranty to 2 nd owner so factor that in.

NADA price range $36k-$43k https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2019/...6580410/Values
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ninefingers - RVtrader and RVT along with NADAguides are useful resources to see real world pricing. Use these sources along with regional sites and spend a little time to hone in on the proper price in your area.

Every market is different thus prices can vary by region. Certainly, the Covid issue has put an additional strain on pricing as demand has dropped considerably in the last several weeks for both new and used. I suspect this downward pricing trend to continue for some time as well.

The one year "bumper to bumper" warranty from GDRV is transferable to subsequent owners. As the unit you are looking at has been in service two seasons this appears to be a mute point. The 3 years structural warranty is not transferable. This may be what Jerry is referencing in post #2 . You can find details on these warranties on the GDRV website.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 05-05-2020 at 07:35 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    @Ninefingers - RVtrader and RVT along with NADAguides are useful resources to see real world pricing. Use these sources along with regional sites and spend a little time to hone in on the proper price in your area.

Every market is different thus prices can vary by region. Certainly, the Covid issue has put an additional strain on pricing as demand has dropped considerably in the last several weeks for both new and used. I suspect this downward pricing trend to continue for some time as well.

The one year "bumper to bumper" warranty from GDRV is transferable to subsequent owners. As the unit you are looking at has been in service two seasons this appears to be a mute point. The 3 years structural warranty is not transferable. This may be what Jerry is referencing in post #2 . You can find details on these warranties on the GDRV website.

Dan
    Dan,

Unfortunately with a private party sale, the One Year Limuted Base Warranty is only provided to the ORIGINAL RETAIL CUSTOMER PURCHASER. See complete warranty in the 2019 owners manual, page 11. https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...-Rev0619_0.pdf. If purchased used from a GrandDesign dealership it’s possible to transfer remaining one year warranty.

Also, for me when I had an issue with my Atwood/Dometic water heater, Dometic wanted to see the Original sales contract before authorizing warranty repair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 616EC3B5-0163-48CF-9028-4889CCD63BCB.png  
    Last edited by Jerryr; 05-05-2020 at 07:58 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jerry - Below is what I am referencing from the GDRV website. There have been many subsequent owners over the years here (we were the first to buy a used GDRV and have the one year warranty transferable) buy from a private party (others from dealers too) where there was time on the one year warranty and it was transferable. I have never heard where the one year warranty has not been transferable.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/warranty

The "Base Limited Warranty" is transferable during the warranty period (for the balance of the remaining warranty period) to subsequent owners with proper registration.

What is it about the owners manual section you shared that conflicts with this in your view ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    @Jerry - Below is what I am referencing from the GDRV website. There have been many subsequent owners over the years here (we were the first to buy a used GDRV and have the one year warranty transferable) buy from a private party (others from dealers too) where there was time on the one year warranty and it was transferable. I have never heard where the one year warranty has not been transferable.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/warranty

The "Base Limited Warranty" is transferable during the warranty period (for the balance of the remaining warranty period) to subsequent owners with proper registration.

What is it about the owners manual section you shared that conflicts with this in your view ?

Dan
    The actual complete ONE YEAR LIMITED BASE WARRANTY is in the owners manual. It is 7 pages long.

It states:
    "this limited warranty only covers a recreational vehicle sold by an authorized warrantor dealer to the original retail customer or its assign (transfer) to another retail purchaser within the warranty period , but only if the warranty for the recreational vehicle is registered in the original vehicle owner’s name within the thirty (30) day start date period set forth above

I read that "sold by an authorized warrantor dealer to the original retail customer or its assign (transfer) to another retail purchaser within the warranty period " means that only a used sale requires that a authorized dealer makes the retail sale in order to qualify to assign or transfer the warranty. I don't believe that a private sale would qualify as a "retail" sale per the warranty. Plus it requires the original sale be registered within 30 days of sale for a second "retail" sale to be transferable.

The "THREE YEAR LIMITED STRUCTURAL WARRANTY" specifically states: "This Warranty is not assignable to any person or entity" So that assumes it doesn't matter what type of secondary sale (retail or private) it was.

I suppose an email to Grand Design would clear up the warranty transfer-ability with a private sale. I'll shoot one off and report their response.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 05-05-2020 at 07:05 PM.
    Jerry & Linda

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    The actual complete ONE YEAR LIMITED BASE WARRANTY is in the owners manual. It is 7 pages long.

It states:
    "this limited warranty only covers a recreational vehicle sold by an authorized warrantor dealer to the original retail customer or its assign (transfer) to another retail purchaser within the warranty period , but only if the warranty for the recreational vehicle is registered in the original vehicle owner’s name within the thirty (30) day start date period set forth above

I read that "sold by an authorized warrantor dealer to the original retail customer or its assign (transfer) to another retail purchaser within the warranty period " means that only a used sale requires that a authorized dealer makes the retail sale in order to qualify to assign or transfer the warranty. I don't believe that a private sale would qualify as a "retail" sale per the warranty. Plus it requires the original sale be registered within 30 days of sale for a second "retail" sale to be transferable.

The "THREE YEAR LIMITED STRUCTURAL WARRANTY" specifically states: "This Warranty is not assignable to any person or entity" So that assumes it doesn't matter what type of secondary sale (retail or private) it was.

I suppose an email to Grand Design would clear up the warranty transfer-ability with a private sale. I'll shoot one off and report their response.
    Thanks, Jerry. Our Owners Manual has the same warranty wording as yours.

My understanding with the word "retail" has meant to rule out "wholesale" and other sales. Whether the sale is between a dealer and buyer or a private party and buyer, those are retail sales meaning any gov. applicable taxes/other are required.

Appreciate you checking with GDRV. Look forward to your findings.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our 303 RLS used from a non Grand Design dealer when it was 5 months old. I contacted Grand Design regarding the remainder of one year warranty transfer. They requested a copy of the Bill of Sale showing the serial number which I subsequently provided. Grand Design sent me a confirming email stating the remaining warranty had been transferred to my name. I had two minor warranty claims during the remaining warranty period and Grand a design covered both claims without question.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    We purchased our 303 RLS used from a non Grand Design dealer when it was 5 months old. I contacted Grand Design regarding the remainder of one year warranty transfer. They requested a copy of the Bill of Sale showing the serial number which I subsequently provided. Grand Design sent me a confirming email stating the remaining warranty had been transferred to my name. I had two minor warranty claims during the remaining warranty period and Grand a design covered both claims without question.
    John,

That’s good first hand info. Thanks,

Gee, first time this year I was wrong. (Not!) ��

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda