Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front (Hydraulic) Jacks will Extend, but not Retract

I recently Rear Parked my 2018 360RL in my Driveway. Unfortunately the Trailer is long enough that the front jacks are located on the part of the Driveway that angles downward a bit. I was able to extend the front jacks and unhook the Trailer from the Truck, no problem, but now when I hook the trailer back up to the Truck I am unable to retract the front Jacks. I keep getting an error that seems to indicate the trailer angle is too extreme, even though it is fully connected to the Truck. Is there really a limit to the angle that would keep the jack from retracting? If so, is there any way override this? Unfortunately, even though the jacks raise enough to hook up to the Truck, they do not raise enough to move the Trailer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked back on the "other" forum?
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using the touch screen pad, your phone or the hardwired operating pad stored near one of your outside compartment doors?

I've gotten the extreme angle message before trying to use my phone or the touch screen.

Try the hardwired pad and just use the arrows to lower the trailer, it's ok to do that while the rear jacks are extended. I've been doing that for over 3 years without issue, the system is actually designed for that kind of operation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Gathering all the feedback/information I can get.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I am using both Pad (attached to the driving side storage compartment access door), but get an error which requires me to reset via the touch screen inside the trailer - which provides the actual error message/code. So far the feedback I've received is to manually raise the jacks, however I am wondering if there is a way to override the "angle" error I am getting (if that is really the issue) with the automated system.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried “ retract all” ??
    Jim (& Sharon)
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Have you tried “ retract all” ??
    Yes. I tried retract all on key pad, along with both Auto (all) and manual mode (front only) on the touch screen. Believe me, I've tried all the options for retracting the front jacks. Each and every time I receive an error pointing to the front jacks and when I use the touch screen to reset the error it says the "angle exceed -5.0 or +3.0"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought. Try unhooking the truck and raise the nose more and drive rear wheels of truck up on block to hookup. Maybe that will give enough hight to then retract legs at a bit more level angle. Hope that made sense.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @HaroldTerry - you have some knowledgeable folks trying to help out. If all else fails, GDRV does have a Customer Service Center to call @ 574 825 9679. They have a pretty good track record of helping folks too.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another though would be to find the sensor that determines if the unit is level, remove it and hold it at an angle to trick the system and then maybe it will let you adjust the jacks. I think the front unit is on the roof of the very front compartment, not sure of and where a rear unit is located.

Another option is to recalibrate it to zero where it is currently at, do what you need with the jacks, and then find a level place to recalibrate it to zero when the unit is actually level.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH