User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also own a 2020 GM and they are currently working on a problem they have with their software. I can tell you though, This came from another person with the same problem. The system is basically not recognizing the trailers.
    temporary fix that was shared with me was, Hook the trailer up shut the truck off for a few minutes and plug the unit in with the truck not running. It works.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    I also own a 2020 GM and they are currently working on a problem they have with their software. I can tell you though, This came from another person with the same problem. The system is basically not recognizing the trailers.
    temporary fix that was shared with me was, Hook the trailer up shut the truck off for a few minutes and plug the unit in with the truck not running. It works.
    Yes, I saw your thread last week describing a similar problem. I tried the sequence of delays at startup which someone had suggested there, and which apparently works for you. It didn't correct my problem. It would be interesting to know what brake system is on your trailer; electromagnetic vs electric-over-hydraulic, and if the latter, which brake actuator, and whether or not there is an EOH adapter.

I'm glad that the temporary fix you mention is working for you and some others!
    Don
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2020 Silverado 3500HD/CC/SB/SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem with my 2016 F350. Talked to Bill many times but didn’t get it fixed. Tried the Fix Bill told me about, like you, no change. Took the truck to Ford, they checked it out, the EOH setting wasn’t any different than the std setting. So Ford says all good but it’s not. Spent $99 on a new Ford controller, problem gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DriverDon View Post
    Okay, after GD contacted Dexter on my behalf yesterday, I received an email from Dexter this morning. They are in the process of getting their own EOH adapter into production, but don't expect it to be available for at least 6 weeks, and don't have pricing set for it yet. They recommended that I use the Hydrastar HBA-CAM adapter with their actuator. So, based on both GM and Dexter saying this adapter should work, I've ordered one! I'll post back once I have installed it and tried it out.
    I am glad to hear that. I'm assuming you are stuck at home as we are right now.

Today I installed my Ford/Chevy Adapter for the BrakeRite controller. Initially it was still making the pulsing noise but after actuating the brakes a few times it went away. It now is quiet when connected to my running 2019 F350.

I have not heard what a properly installed BrakeRite pump sounds like. I have not taken the trailer on the road to test it except for actuating the brakes in my driveway. It seamed to stop quickly. However, I am concerned that it sounds like it takes the pump a second or two to build up pressure. Attached is a video of what mine sounds like. Is this normal?

Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyn2high View Post
    I am glad to hear that. I'm assuming you are stuck at home as we are right now.

Today I installed my Ford/Chevy Adapter for the BrakeRite controller. Initially it was still making the pulsing noise but after actuating the brakes a few times it went away. It now is quiet when connected to my running 2019 F350.

I have not heard what a properly installed BrakeRite pump sounds like. I have not taken the trailer on the road to test it except for actuating the brakes in my driveway. It seamed to stop quickly. However, I am concerned that it sounds like it takes the pump a second or two to build up pressure. Attached is a video of what mine sounds like. Is this normal?
    I have read that there is some braking delay with EOH brakes, which I assume is just the time it takes for the pump to ramp up the hydraulic pressure. I believe if you have some air in your brake lines, that could also effect the braking time, but I honestly don't know what the BrakeRite pump should sound like, either.

On your F350, do you have the choice to set your brake controller for electromagnetic vs EOH? If so, are you using the EOH setting? Were you pressing the brake pedal or engaging the brake controller slide switch when you made the recording?
    Don
    2021 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DriverDon View Post
    On your F350, do you have the choice to set your brake controller for electromagnetic vs EOH? If so, are you using the EOH setting? Were you pressing the brake pedal or engaging the brake controller slide switch when you made the recording?
    I do have a choice and it is currently set for EOH. I had it set for electric and it seams to work the same way.

I had my wife squeeze the brake controller with the engine running.

I sent the video to Bill at Stop Your Trailer. He just called me back. He said the ramp up to full power and then it idles back a bit sounded normal. He was concerned about the plusing after that.

He had me pull the breakaway pin with out the truck connected. There was no plusing then. Its something that the truck is doing. He is going to check with the engineers and get back to me.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after a painfully long delay in getting an Hydrastar HBA-CAM EOH adapter (Bend Trailers is NOT on my recommended list of suppliers!), I was able to install the adapter this morning and it solved my incompatibility issue between the 2020 GM ITBC and the Dexter EOH actuator! Time will tell if it's a reliable solution, but for now it's working.

So I immediately pulled the trailer to the tire shop to have my GM supplied TPMS sensors installed, and of course, they are incompatible. Groan... But I was able to find a solution to that in the forums, so hopefully that's an insignificant hiccup compared to the brakes. Thanks, offtohavasu!
    Don
    2021 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Don for the information. I am currently fighting the same issue with my 2019 Silverado and the Dexter 1600 actuator.
    Have you tested the fix? I tried the dexter k58-011-00 which did not work.
    Thanks for any information

email:[email protected]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorocko View Post
    Thanks Don for the information. I am currently fighting the same issue with my 2019 Silverado and the Dexter 1600 actuator.
    Have you tested the fix? I tried the dexter k58-011-00 which did not work.
    Thanks for any information

email:[email protected]
    On the road for over 2 weeks now, and the brakes are still working with the HBA-CAM adapter. There is an alarming lag before the trailer brakes grab (1.5 sec?), but I don't think that's a function of the adapter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be installing it in the next couple of days. New 5er and can't get on the road. Take care and thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast