Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    Maybe wait a day or two to see if they approve mine first.
    Just curious, did you get an answer from Grand Design on your doors? I asked about mine and they told me to have our dealer assess them, while we are there for a different issue, but they did indicate that the doors are not part of the three year structure warranty. So we'll see...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Just curious, did you get an answer from Grand Design on your doors? I asked about mine and they told me to have our dealer assess them, while we are there for a different issue, but they did indicate that the doors are not part of the three year structure warranty. So we'll see...
    Here is what I was told by my dealer:
    I just received word that the manufacturer has denied us warranty coverage on the compartment doors. First they stated that it was out of the warranty period and we countered with the claim that was recently denied stating that they saw no defect. So they reviewed these two claims and came back and said that they are still not seeing defects in the other two that are not cracked and that the cracked compartment door is outside of the warranty period. At this point we are going through Lippert components who manufactures these compartment doors to see if they will replace them.

Being the eternal optimist, my fingers are still crossed. I did tell my dealer that I would like to know the cost of a new set of slam doors if Lippert won't go above and beyond.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    Here is what I was told by my dealer:
    I just received word that the manufacturer has denied us warranty coverage on the compartment doors. First they stated that it was out of the warranty period and we countered with the claim that was recently denied stating that they saw no defect. So they reviewed these two claims and came back and said that they are still not seeing defects in the other two that are not cracked and that the cracked compartment door is outside of the warranty period. At this point we are going through Lippert components who manufactures these compartment doors to see if they will replace them.

Being the eternal optimist, my fingers are still crossed. I did tell my dealer that I would like to know the cost of a new set of slam doors if Lippert won't go above and beyond.
    FYI - I never went through my dealer to get mine replaced. I mentioned it to the Grand Design Regional Rep when I called about the heat shield for the microwave. She had me send a pic of the door, and then asked for a pic of the sticker on the door. About 1 week later she said that Lippert had approved the claim. If you don't get a good response from the dealer, call either Grand Design or Lippert yourself, Lippert is probably the best bet, but then again Grand Design has a vested interest in their Name.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123