Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winegard 360 "issue"?

2019 Reflection 367BHS.

Winegard 360 worked great over the past year. Last month, as I was preparing my RV to be my home office for awhile, I ran a scan for local channels. Previously got 20+ channels, all great. This time, many of the channels were pixelated and poor reception. Chalked it up to "whatever", and paid no further mind... hooked up cable instead.

Fast forward to my trip this past weekend. Ran scan for channels, results = ZERO.

Friends RVing in spots next to me got 28 channels. Played around that night a bit with different TV, different connection. Nothing.

Next day ran through a portion of troubleshooting tips. Checked 12V output on amplifier. Got good voltage. Next troubleshooting step was to check voltage at cable connection on the antenna itself. Decided not to do that, since I'd have to pull off the Dicor to take cover off.

So I bought an external antenna, connected it up, and low and behold, got 28 local channels. Crystal clear. The external antenna was mounted on my kingpin (obviously far lower than the winegard). So, LOS should not have been an issue for the Winegard.

Returned home yesterday. Today, out of curiosity, ran a scan. Perfect reception on 20+ channels. Trailer was in the exact same spot where I previously got lousy reception.

Im thinking maybe a connection issue or some other problem with the winegard. Anyone else every experience any issues like this? No reception when there are extensive OTA channels in close range? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
    Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a loose connector somewhere between the Winegard and the coax plate for the TV.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Sounds like a loose connector somewhere between the Winegard and the coax plate for the TV.
    That's kinda what I've been thinking. I'll have to order some more Dicor (needed to anyways) and take a look.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    That's kinda what I've been thinking. I'll have to order some more Dicor (needed to anyways) and take a look.
    Before pulling the Winegard off the roof check connections inside, you might get lucky. On many GD trailers - though maybe not all - the cable comes from the antenna as a beige cable that attaches to the back of the booster switch. That's where I'd look first, and then continue with checking connections at the TV and anywhere else I could find a connection. Poor connections is a very common problem with these trailers.

Connectors should be screwed on finger tight plus 1/4 turn with a wrench. When checking each one, check too that the cable is firmly attached to the connector.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already done as part of the initial troubleshooting. Unfortunately, no such luck.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the other coax plates in other rooms?

The roof top antennae may feed to a different splitter somewhere, then on to the other hook ups.

The coax plates would be easy to remove and see if there are splitters behind that can be pulled a little to check.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other plate in bedroom (didn't check bunkhouse) did not work either. First thing I checked before I did voltage test on amp. But, I did not pull the other plates. Logic says maybe the bunkhouse might be a place to look, since that is the nearest location to the antenna.

I'll have to check.

Mike

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only get one FM radio station and no AM radio stations. My neighbor with a standard metal whip antenna on side of slide gets multiple FM/AM stations, also neighbor on other with portable radio also gets multiple stations. I have checked all connections possible with no improvement. If I unplug antenna from radio i loose my one and only station. Does the Jensen JWM40 just have a weak tuner and I should upgrade or some other issue possible?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a strange on going on. I am 17 miles from the antenna site for most of the stations in our market. I did a rescan and all of the Channel 17 stations vanished from the big tv. I did not rescan the little TV and all I had was a blank screen for those channels. The strange part is that I picked up 2 groups of channels with antennas over 40 miles away. I jus dunno sometimes.....
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't already, make sure your amp is turned on (ours is above and behind the TV). Also as far as the cable, ours is directly above one of our speakers (forward one), so if you remove the speaker - you look right inside the Winegard! Just found our coax cable was loose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast