User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price on 2020 2400bh with theater seating

I have been shopping for a month or so. The lowest price I have gotten is $23,999 plus a $1000 dealer fee. I feel like it is a decent price but there is still more room. What do you guys think? I have a boat that I am about to list for sale so I have time. Trade in on the boat wasn’t where it needed to be to say the least. The salesman for the trailer has done a good job trying to make everything work out. We haven’t negotiated the price of the trailer at all. He sent over a reduced price and haven’t done any haggling. However, after haggling for a while at another dealership.....I didn’t even get to this price. After haggling....the price and dealer fee were still $200 more than the $23,999 plus $1000.

Also, I am more than likely paying cash. Probably not something I want to talk about until we land on a number? I also will be needing wdh, brake controller installed. And all the rest of the hoses and couplers and gadgets. Is there usually some wiggle room on these items as well?

Thanks a bunch! Excited to get into rv’ing

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know in some parts of the US there are dealer fees, document prep fees, PDI fees etc.... Other parts of the US has no fees other than title fee. Those extra fees are just a way dealers squeeze a bit more profit out of the deal. That is what I would want to negotiate out of the deal.

As for the extras my dealer has a fairly decent store with reasonable prices. They gave me 15% off anything in the store which put most items in line with Amazon prices.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m hoping to get at least the dealer fee amount off. I think I would be ok with that. And hopefully a little something off the accessories.

Really wish there were used ones available in the color and theater seating format that we want. Not finding anything on the internet.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike09 View Post
    I’m hoping to get at least the dealer fee amount off. I think I would be ok with that. And hopefully a little something off the accessories.

Really wish there were used ones available in the color and theater seating format that we want. Not finding anything on the internet.
    Just curious what is the MSRP for that trailer? Deal wise what you're looking for is 30% off MSRP with no fees. That sounds like a huge discount but that is a typical deal.

My 2020 2600rb I got for 29% off MSRP and no fees.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The msrp is something ridiculous like $37,500. Most have the trailer advertised at $26,999 with a dealer fee of around $699-1000 from what I’ve seen. I haggled one down to $24,500 plus $699.....and just requested a quote from a second one. That one came back at $23,999 plus $1000 dealer fee. So already $200 cheaper and I have even stepped foot on the property yet . The second dealer has done a good job working out my trade like I mentioned. They will more than likely get my business cuz of the effort put forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion and research, $24k is a good price. Not the absolute best perhaps but very good. I finally settled on a 2400 that is $4k more expensive but it was only 90 miles away from me. The more I try to find the best deal and plan a trip just to get one, I’m loosing out because they’re selling before I put a deposit down. My schedule is filling up so I’m having a harder time just finding time to get get one out of state. I guess I’m now paying for the convenience of being semi-close to the dealership (80 miles).
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points....and I guess I can’t complain too much. It is a good price and the store is local. It is like 30 miles away. Probably shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth like my dad always said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask the dealer to specify what you are getting for the PDI fee. If you are getting two batteries, LPG tanks filled, other gear?? then be specific in your expectations of the batteries - ask for two Interstate (or your favorite) and spec the CCA (like 800). Personally I don't mind to pay for the gear and some min labor charges but for the dealer just to charge to check the systems on the coach for functionality - well, that is a standard service, I expect the RV to work upon delivery.
    Two batteries/cables/box/venting = $300-350 and LPG 60gallons = $60-100. So, up to $450 of the PDI cost could just be those 2 items -

On ours, I asked for slide topper covers and Reese Sidewinder AirRide pin box install at an agreeable cost once we hit the bottom of negotiations. So, there are things and ask you can do to ease purchase of the RV.

I've noticed that the Grand Designs don't quite get the discounts as a brand like Forrest River. We got 29.4% off our Solitude, our previous Rockwood we purchased at 34% off MSRP. Probably the main difference is the brand recognition and I can say that we have had far fewer issues with the GD v. Forrest River. I consider an issue something that stops you from going out or enjoying your camping experience.

Good luck.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK