Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tow Vehicle for Reflection 311BHS or similar

For those of you with a Reflection 311BHS or anything with a comparable Dry and Max weight spec., what are you using to tow your RV? I know a diesel, preferably a dually is ideal but I have a 2017 RAM 3500 with the 6.4 Hemi and I'm interested in learning what everyone is towing their rig with and whether I can get by with what I have for the time being. Getting a new tow vehicle just isn't in my budget right now. That will have to wait a year or two. I spent enough on this new Fifth Wheel Anyway, I have the following ratings.

From the manual: 2017 Ram Crew Cab with 6'6" box. 6.4 Hemi with 3.73 rear end, GVWR 10,800LB, Max Payload 4010LB, GCWR 19,900 Max Trailer Weight 12,640LB.

From the Stickers on my truck: GAWR Front 5500LB, GAWR Rear 7000LB, Max Payload 3900LB.

My real weights: My truck weighs 7220LB (Weighed on a certified scale with me and my wife in the truck and 3/4 tank of gas), B&W Patriot 16K hitch with rails weighs about 175LB total, Tonneau cover and spray in bed liner 120LB. I'm estimating that I'll be adding about a 1000LB of "stuff" (Probably 900 Lbs. in the RV and 100 Lbs. in the truck give or take).

If I don't exceed the 1000LB of "Stuff", I think I am staying under the max GCWR but I'm really close. I know the rule of thumb is to be at about 80% of max weights and I am within that rule of thumb for everything except the GCWR. Do I have enough truck...at least for now? Thanks for your input.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 311bhs and tow it with a 2019 1/2 RAM 3500 HD SRW with the high output cumming and the HD trans. My max trailer weight is over 20k, so I have zero issues towing my 311bhs. Good luck.