User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    The main reason the dealer wasn't interested in a huge discount is that they are probably going to run out of Super Duty inventory before summer. Theplants have been closed and don't reopen until later this month, takes 2 months to fill up the pipeline with new ones. We are down to just 8-10 ourselves.
    I'm not sure if the reason is valid. Perhaps you're right. I was thinking more along the lines of their retail sales really struggling right now, which in turn translates to lower revenue and lower cashflow. With the unemployment where it is right now, I just don't see how the dealerships will be able to move 2019 inventory quickly. In order for that to happen all those people who have lost jobs would have to get back to work almost instantly, which is very unlikely.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luke79 View Post
    I'm not sure if the reason is valid. Perhaps you're right. I was thinking more along the lines of their retail sales really struggling right now, which in turn translates to lower revenue and lower cashflow. With the unemployment where it is right now, I just don't see how the dealerships will be able to move 2019 inventory quickly. In order for that to happen all those people who have lost jobs would have to get back to work almost instantly, which is very unlikely.
    Not sure about other parts of the country but in South Texas business has increased considerably since the whole Covid business hit. Ford's 0% and all the incentives have done exactly what they were supposed to...stir up business. Dealers will be seriously low on inventory very soon if they don't get the plants running soon. The people buying are the people who didn't lose their jobs or the retired folks. Ford truck business is humming along in Texas thank God.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the dealer verified and payload numbers and they are 2228. Significantly lower then what their web site lists. I may skip this truck and seriously look at F350/3500 configurations.
    I have read capacities increased for the 2020 models.
    I have seen people claiming ~3k lbs payloads on 250 with the diesel, though I haven't shopped them myself. You also get that new transmission and upgraded tech.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Not sure about other parts of the country but in South Texas business has increased considerably since the whole Covid business hit. Ford's 0% and all the incentives have done exactly what they were supposed to...stir up business. Dealers will be seriously low on inventory very soon if they don't get the plants running soon. The people buying are the people who didn't lose their jobs or the retired folks. Ford truck business is humming along in Texas thank God.
    Ain't that the truth Jeff! Between ranchers hauling big round bails of hey and hauling cattle/horse trailers and hot shots hauling cars and trailers with goose necks, trucks are big business here in TX. Most all I come across are 1 Tons with a good mixture of Ford, GM and Ram. Some 450s. 1/2 tons mostly for residential users and RVs passing thru some 3/4 but the majority 1 Tons. I live along highway 71 southeast of Austin and its a good route for lots of drivers with lots of traffic heading south toward I 10 and Houston or San Antonio.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Ain't that the truth Jeff! I live along highway 71 southeast of Austin and its a good route for lots of drivers with lots of traffic heading south toward I 10 and Houston or San Antonio.
    Ole Hwy 71, been on it many times. Goes right thru La Grange, made famous by ZZ Top! Sorry for the thread hijack OP but we love our trucks in Texas.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtivr6mk4 View Post
    I have read capacities increased for the 2020 models.
    I have seen people claiming ~3k lbs payloads on 250 with the diesel, though I haven't shopped them myself. You also get that new transmission and upgraded tech.
    Yes, the F250 is now available with GVWR of 10,800 in model year 2020 vs 10,000 in prior year. That adds 800 lbs to the payload.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check the payload sticker on driver side door...max payload will depend on trim pkg

I'm still looking at different tow vehicles and I'm not sure what the fair price should be. There is an F250 (2019 six speed) and Ram 3500 (2020 ASIN six speed) dually that I'm considering. Both trucks are nicely equipped (Lariat/Laramie trims). Honestly I don't need the 3500 but both vehicles come in at a very similar price points. Ram is only couple k more. The dealer is asking 65K for F250; I think it's a bit high considering it's a previous model year. Another thing that worries me is that it's been sitting on the lot probably for a while. In addition to these vehicles there is a 2020 3500 Dually Big Horn (ASIN six speed) edition for 64k.

Since F250 is a previous model year Ford is offering MSRP (74k) at 0% for 60 months or MSRP - discount ($9500) @standard rate. I thought that it would be 0% for 60 months no matter what price we'd agree upon. What should it be?

Will I upgrade my travel trailer to a 5th wheel or bigger trailer? Probably not any time soon. We are towing Imagine 2400BH and honestly our F150 does ok with it. What I like about diesels are two things, exhaust brake and better bigger brakes in general, plus better payload. Speaking of payload our F150 is almost 1900lbs, F250 would give us 3100lbs and Ram dually is around 4100lbs.

I recently purchased a 2019 F250 Platinum FX4 SD with 6.7 Diesel engine, upgrading from a 2018 F150 Lariat FX4. Paid just a smidge over $64K. I was told by dealer the max payload was 3480...but when I checked the yellow payload sticker on the driver side door, the max payload for the specific F250 4X4 Trim Pkg (Platinum) was actually 2174. So don't go by the brochure or the dealer....check for yourself.

My 2018 F150 Lariat had the 3.5 TT EB...and I tow a Reflection 297RSTS. Same experience as your Imagine. The F150 had no problems towing the nearly 10K trailer up mountains and on the flat. Only issue I had was crosswinds....and I was over my max payload by 250 lbs. The F250 SD will give me a larger payload bandwidth, but if I ever wanted to go to a 5er, then I'd have to go with a larger truck or smaller 5er. So far I love the F250. It rides so much better than the F150. Not sure why since the SD is a much larger/heavier truck with heavier springs and axles. I also really love the Diesel engine....Sounds so cool!! Haven't had an opportunity to hook up our trailer yet, but hope to soon. Trailer is still in storage.

I'd highly recommend the F250, but if you want to go with a 5er, maybe look for a 1 ton truck instead of 3/4 ton. Never driven a Dually, so I can't help you much there.

Good luck with your search.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealers are not struggling. I was at the dealership yesterday getting my truck serviced, and in a 3.5 hour time frame they sold no less than 5 big 1 ton trucks. Watched them take them into the bay for the pre-sale service and wash. Amazing.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Dealers are not struggling. I was at the dealership yesterday getting my truck serviced, and in a 3.5 hour time frame they sold no less than 5 big 1 ton trucks. Watched them take them into the bay for the pre-sale service and wash. Amazing.
    I was at my Ford dealership yesterday for my 45 minute oil change on my F150 which took a little over 2 hours.

I sat in the sales showroom because it was empty accept for the 3 sales managers sitting behind the counters staring at their computer screens. There was zero sales activity going on which made the sales showroom the safest place to social distance. In the 2 hours i sat there I didn’t see one person come in looking to buy a vehicle.

What did surprise me was the number of vehicles on the road. Much more traffic then last week.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I was at my Ford dealership yesterday for my 45 minute oil change on my F150 which took a little over 2 hours.

I sat in the sales showroom because it was empty accept for the 3 sales managers sitting behind the counters staring at their computer screens. There was zero sales activity going on which made the sales showroom the safest place to social distance. In the 2 hours i sat there I didn’t see one person come in looking to buy a vehicle.

What did surprise me was the number of vehicles on the road. Much more traffic then last week.
    I guess the sales activity will depend on where you are in the country. Here in Illinois business are collapsing. I can't see any traffic at local dealerships. The only stores that have several people visiting are Home Depot, Walmart, Costco, and few others. I just don't see people buying cars. I know of several families who have lost income. Their main focus will be to pay mortgage, basic bills and put food on the table.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast