User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a side note. I saw on a thread, in the last month, a link that someone had on the best wiring for 4 lithium batteries for the best charge/discharge efficiency. I can't find it now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lance
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    On a side note. I saw on a thread, in the last month, a link that someone had on the best wiring for 4 lithium batteries for the best charge/discharge efficiency. I can't find it now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lance
    This link on 4 batteries is from last year: Posts 14, 15 Battle Born Batteries in Parallel - How do you make it look good?
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Nice job. Next phase: replace the switch with a good one and re-wire things so that the switch actually does "disconnect" the batteries.

As shipped from the factory there are usually a few things that remain connected even when the switch is off, and they can drain a battery flat within a few weeks. Sometimes alarms, often the landing gear, the brakes, sometimes the radio. Our trailer was drawing 0.4 to 0.6 amps with the "disconnect" switch off.
    I'm still debating the rewire. I added a 100 watt solar panel to the roof and it's been keeping up with those loads easily, so far.
    2019 F-350 SRW 6.7 Powerstroke
    2020 Solitude S-Class 2930RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FOWLERGK View Post
    I am in the process, materials order. Electrical wire 4AWG and terminals plus two Blue Sea battery disconnect switches, all coming from different sources. Once here, will reconfigure the front utility bay to incorporate having everything inside it. I have two batteries since my unit is a 375RES-R, inverter for residential Frig.

Will post pics when in process. Right now plan is on paper.

I just reconfigured the battery box with a Husky storage box to encase the batteries. The individual battery boxes that came with the Trailer had the wiring all compressed and out of sorts. Had to go.

Gary
    I would love to see this. We just traded one Solitude for another, and the new one has this setup. The default boxes they use with the dual batteries are a pain to work with.

I would also like to move the disconnect switch to this compartment as well...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    This link on 4 batteries is from last year: Posts 14, 15 Battle Born Batteries in Parallel - How do you make it look good?
    That’s a great thread for connecting batteries. I’m getting close to finishing this project. I never did purchase a battery disconnect for right off the positive post of the battery bank with 2/0 cable. where Any suggestions on the best battery disconnect switch for that location?
    Thank you.

Lance
    Lynne and Lance

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never did purchase a battery disconnect for right off the positive post of the battery bank with 2/0 cable. where Any suggestions on the best battery disconnect switch for that location?
    Thank you.

Lance
    I haven't seen a switch I'd use on the battery post.
    I lean toward the Blue Sea, BEP, Perko battery disconnect switches that need a short length of cable between the battery and the switch.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I haven't seen a switch I'd use on the battery post.
    I lean toward the Blue Sea, BEP, Perko battery disconnect switches that need a short length of cable between the battery and the switch.
    I've been using the blue sea in my boat for some time now and no complaints. Easy to install, solid works as advertised.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for everyones help. I finished replacing my 6 gauge wire with 4 gauge and lithium batteries connected. I still have some cleaning up to do in adding a cutoff switch on the + cable to the battery and + busbar, and setting up my battery monitor.

I used a double fuse block on my +battery post, with a 200 amp fuse to the inverter and a 250 amp fuse to the reset circuit breaker board. I'm sure the 250 amp fuse is wrong. The voltage in the front battery compartment shows 14.5 volts from the converter, however the voltage directly on the batteries show 13.4 volts after I turned off the battery disconnect. Is that correct or maybe I didn't charge them enough?

I tested the 12 volt systems in the trailer, including my slides. 2 slides work with no problem. The bedroom wall slide has no power. The two 30 amp fuses are good. One fuse must work two slides. I traced the power wires from the slide controller to the front compartment automatic reset circuit bus board that is made up of 5 screw stubs on one side with a cooper backing connecting 4 of them together. The slide controller is connected to the stub without the cooper connection. There are five stubs adjacent to the other ones. The stub adjacent to the controller wire has two decent size black wires connected and going into the wall.(Maybe the electric brakes?) All the stubs show 14.5 volts, except the controller stub shows nothing, along with the adjacent stub. Is it possible those studs have a separate automatic reset breaker in the back of it that isn't working? Please give my your thoughts.

Besides for my rewiring project slowing down the start of my camping season, I have hip replacement surgery this coming Friday. Someone tell me I'll be good to go camping within two weeks of the surgery, while taking it very easy. The surgery is giving me about two weeks off work.

Thanks

Lance
    Lynne and Lance

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just learned how a automatic circuit board strip works. In reference to my last post, I removed the automatic reset board strip, as I call it, and realized that each of the 5 double stub positions each have their own automatic reset circuit. I thought there was one reset circuit that tripped all the connected positions. With that said, the position that the positive wire where my non-working wall slide is connected and then the 2 black sized wires on the second stub has no 12 volt power connected to them. The cooper strip doesn't reach those two stubs. Seeing that, I reconnected the slide's positive wire to another 12 volt reset circuit and the slide works great. Someone, help me out here. How did the wall slide work before without any 12 volt connected to it. Obviously there must have been power and I'm not figuring it out. And what about the other two black wires that I feel may be for the brakes. Can someone confirm that. How can I test where those wires go. A volt meter doesn't show any voltage in those wires.

I need your expert help.
    Lynne and Lance

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the front compartment automatic reset circuit bus board that is made up of 5 screw stubs on one side with a copper backing connecting 4 of them together. The slide controller is connected to the stub without the copper connection. There are five stubs adjacent to the other ones. The stub adjacent to the controller wire has two decent size black wires connected and going into the wall.(Maybe the electric brakes?) All the stubs show 14.5 volts, except the controller stub shows nothing, along with the adjacent stub. Is it possible those studs have a separate automatic reset breaker in the back of it that isn't working? Please give my your thoughts.

Besides for my rewiring project slowing down the start of my camping season, I have hip replacement surgery this coming Friday. Someone tell me I'll be good to go camping within two weeks of the surgery, while taking it very easy. The surgery is giving me about two weeks off work.

Thanks

Lance
    Lance,
    By your description and looking at the various photos of front compartment DC wiring, which all look different, this one from beaumark looks the closest to what you might have.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post264950

So it was Battery + to copper bus bar to feed power to the 4 auto resetting CBs.
    Large Red wire on bottom went to the Disconnect switch, then back to bottom of left CB as +12 Black wire and on same terminal +12V Black runs to the AC-DC Panel, and thru the CB to Bedroom Slide Controller.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Hope this helps some.

Wishing you speedy recovery from your hip surgery.
    Been about 10yrs since I had lower back worked on. Now right shoulder getting some arthritis, just getting older.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast