User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess this is fare well!

I wanted to become part of the Grand Design family, but I guess Grand Design does not want me! We have been looking at Grand Designs for 2 years and they finally came out with a floor plan this year that I thought would go in my storage building that we really liked! But, when we measured it they had under reported the length! They gave it as 34' 8", but with the MANDITORY ladder it is actually over 35'! I got the salesman at one Grand Design dealer to talk to 2 different people at Grand Design and they said, " they will not leave the ladder off if I order one"! My home Grand Design dealer, I have not been able to get him to talk to anyone! He just keeps sending me emails telling me to "Challenge him with whatever is stopping me from buying" but when I do, he ignores it!!! I have been told he is going to work on it, but every time it is a different excuse! I have been waiting over a week and have heard nothing from him! I also talked to a Grand Design rep directly and he said they would not build one like that.

So, I guess this is fare well my friends. I guess I will have to go with another company, even if I will likely not be as happy with the trailer I get. Cougar and Rockwood have a trailer of similar design and floor plan that will go in my building, but through my research I have found issue with each on their build quality! But, I want to keep it in my building, because that is the life of a trailer, to keep it out of the weather 24/7 so I guess I don't have a choice but to be adopted by another family, maybe one that actually wants me. So, so long Brothers and sisters, Happy camping!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    I wanted to become part of the Grand Design family, but I guess Grand Design does not want me! We have been looking at Grand Designs for 2 years and they finally came out with a floor plan this year that I thought would go in my storage building that we really liked! But, when we measured it they had under reported the length! They gave it as 34' 8", but with the MANDITORY ladder it is actually over 35'! I got the salesman at one Grand Design dealer to talk to 2 different people at Grand Design and they said, " they will not leave the ladder off if I order one"! My home Grand Design dealer, I have not been able to get him to talk to anyone! He just keeps sending me emails telling me to "Challenge him with whatever is stopping me from buying" but when I do, he ignores it!!! I have been told he is going to work on it, but every time it is a different excuse! I have been waiting over a week and have heard nothing from him! I also talked to a Grand Design rep directly and he said they would not build one like that.

So, I guess this is fare well my friends. I guess I will have to go with another company, even if I will likely not be as happy with the trailer I get. Cougar and Rockwood have a trailer of similar design and floor plan that will go in my building, but through my research I have found issue with each on their build quality! But, I want to keep it in my building, because that is the life of a trailer, to keep it out of the weather 24/7 so I guess I don't have a choice but to be adopted by another family, maybe one that actually wants me. So, so long Brothers and sisters, Happy camping!
    Have you ever thought that, maybe, you could just remove the ladder yourself, once you have the trailer?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just buy the trailer and remove the ladder. The small holes left over should be easily fixable by any boat shop or body shop. I would not miss the trailer I really want for that reason. Heck that ladder might get torn off on something down the road anyway!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Why not just buy the trailer and remove the ladder. The small holes left over should be easily fixable by any boat shop or body shop. I would not miss the trailer I really want for that reason. Heck that ladder might get torn off on something down the road anyway!
    Did not really want a brand new trailer with 32 screw holes patched on it! That would be like going and buying a brand new car at regular price with hail damage!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to see you go, but you need to do what works for you.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post

Sorry to see you go. You would be a great contribution to the forum. Too bad there isn't some way yo make it work. I thought Txfivver's suggestion about removing the ladder yourself then have a boat shop cover the holes. You would never see them. We have been thinking about upgrading to a 3350 Solitude S-Class but we really want one with the bed in the nose to have nightstands. GD comes out with new floorplans every year so we might hold off for a little while. Even though with what is going on this year I am not so sure about any new floor plans this year.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always remove the ladder and just put the screws back into the holes. Not perfect, but certainly workable.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Sorry to see you go. You would be a great contribution to the forum. Too bad there isn't some way yo make it work. I thought Txfivver's suggestion about removing the ladder yourself then have a boat shop cover the holes. You would never see them. We have been thinking about upgrading to a 3350 Solitude S-Class but we really want one with the bed in the nose to have nightstands. GD comes out with new floorplans every year so we might hold off for a little while. Even though with what is going on this year I am not so sure about any new floor plans this year.
    My DW is getting impatient, we have been looking for over 2 years! We almost bought a Reflection 297 last year, but really wanted a bed slide. When they came out with the 300RBTS we really liked it, but with the ladder it is 6 inches to long! I convinced her to wait until this year, but she is not so thrilled about waiting again! She is threatening to sell the one we have and stop camping! We did that once, did not like it!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a new building. Just kidding Take the ladder off and plug the holes.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    You could always remove the ladder and just put the screws back into the holes. Not perfect, but certainly workable.
    Yeah, I would have to think about that before I could get used to the idea of doing that! Don't really want to do that, but I guess I will have to weigh my options and see which I hate the worst, the holes or owning an inferior camper.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast