User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    My DW is getting impatient, we have been looking for over 2 years! We almost bought a Reflection 297 last year, but really wanted a bed slide. When they came out with the 300RBTS we really liked it, but with the ladder it is 6 inches to long! I convinced her to wait until this year, but she is not so thrilled about waiting again! She is threatening to sell the one we have and stop camping! We did that once, did not like it!
    Sorry you feel you need to move on. I'll just point out, just like buying a house, you're never going to find the "perfect" one. Chances are you're going to need changes/modifications on any rig you get.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could get a ladder like the Momentums have, they move in up against the camper when not in use since they are on the side and would make the camper too wide, they pop out to the necessary position when you want to use it. Maybe you should contact the factory and see if its an option to get that ladder installed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now if you happen to not be very far away, I could use a new ladder at a reasonable price...I have two divots in the eves of my house where I backed in a bit too far....and a kind of sway-backed ladder currently on the trailer.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what I would do: call GD yourself. Explain the situation and ask for help.
    Grand Design Customer Service - 574-825-9679
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it really so bad that the front piece of your RV is sticking out of the shed by 6"
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How hard would it be to modify the building for 6" If it is metal - it probably a few hundred bucks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    Yeah, I would have to think about that before I could get used to the idea of doing that! Don't really want to do that, but I guess I will have to weigh my options and see which I hate the worst, the holes or owning an inferior camper.
    Personally if it would be me I wouldn't get what I think is an inferior camper. If you end up having issues with a different camper you will be forever be kicking yourself that you should have removed the ladder. Like others have said talk to a boat repair shop first and see what they think first. Chances are that once they have repaired the holes you will never even notice and then you have the camper you really want.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow - ya go away for the afternoon and this grows legs fast.....

I sure hope you change your mind, "PT". For all the stuff you hear about GD they get good marks from the dealers.

But.... you're right - they are very rigid on making any changes. I've had a personal experience with them over that when I ordered mine. I finally did get some give-and-take from them.

I'm with most of the others here... I'd get the rig I like and make changes to what I don't like. I threw out the brand new Westlake tires, pitched the drum brakes, replaced the 5th wheel pin, and upgraded the suspension as well as install an electric reel just to make mine right. It was that or get some other brand we didn't like as much. I suppose it's the price we pay for making things like we want them be-it campers, trucks or boats. But we end up having a lot of fun in them and forget the "labor pains" pretty quickly.

Hang in there!
    Last edited by traveldawg; 05-08-2020 at 01:35 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others, I would get the coach, ladder-be-damned, and work on a creative solution. I like the idea about replacing the existing ladder with the folding-type they have on some Momentums. In the "grand" (pun intended) scheme of things, the ladder I think would be a small one that would only come into play when storing your rig. Otherwise, I think having a ladder is an advantage when you're out-and-about. Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Maybe you could get a ladder like the Momentums have, they move in up against the camper when not in use since they are on the side and would make the camper too wide, they pop out to the necessary position when you want to use it. Maybe you should contact the factory and see if its an option to get that ladder installed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I thought about that. The ones I saw had a different type of connection that went against the camper. So it would still show a repair unless I could install one without the original being installed. They were clear, they were not willing to change anything for the customer!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast