User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sealant on Exterior (not roof)

I am sure this has been asked somewhere, but for the life of me, I couldn't find a thread on it.

I am curious as to what sealant GD uses on the outside of the trailer (around windows, at other seams). I believe I read somewhere that they used silicone, but that people say NOT to use silicone to reseal, and that you must remove all silicone before re-sealing. Does anyone have any specific details of what GD does use, and proper removal (if required) for resealing? I'm in no hurry, I just want to be ready for when the time comes. Thanks in advance!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called GD just a while ago and asked.

Alpha Systems 1021 Self-Leveling RV Sealant is for the roof (I know you did not ask, but I am being complete)
    Alpha Systems 862157 1010 UPC Non-Sag Sealant for the walls https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Systems..._1_13?dchild=1
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Juice! Much appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
    I called GD just a while ago and asked.

Alpha Systems 1021 Self-Leveling RV Sealant is for the roof (I know you did not ask, but I am being complete)
    Alpha Systems 862157 1010 UPC Non-Sag Sealant for the walls https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Systems..._1_13?dchild=1
    I believe the proper sealant is dependent on the type of roof covering you have. I have a Solitude 310GK and the manual specifies that for the Superflex roof, use Alpha Systems 1010 Non-Sag Sealant. (Owner's Manual, page 171)

As far as the proper sealant for the other joints, I couldn't find any specification in the manual for that. The OEM sealant around the weather stripping on the slides and elsewhere on my rig looks like simple silicone to me. I too, would be interested in what others have used for these "non-roof" areas?

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    I believe the proper sealant is dependent on the type of roof covering you have. I have a Solitude 310GK and the manual specifies that for the Superflex roof, use Alpha Systems 1010 Non-Sag Sealant. (Owner's Manual, page 171)

As far as the proper sealant for the other joints, I couldn't find any specification in the manual for that. The OEM sealant around the weather stripping on the slides and elsewhere on my rig looks like simple silicone to me. I too, would be interested in what others have used for these "non-roof" areas?
    I have asked GD support several times, different people, what to use around windows, skirting and other non-roof seams and they said silicone. I asked what kind and they said silicone.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel