User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Hasn't been working for me for about a week.
    The timing of the locator on EFS not working and TSD’s change in discounts to their RV subscribers is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glampers View Post
    I’m curious too why the deep discounts TSD offered us are slowly disappearing?

TSD is a trucking company that had the brilliant idea of offering RVers a way to get bulk rate pricing for fuel at truck lanes. The program had become immensely popular with over 21,000 RVers participating. Managing and processing that volume of accounts has a cost.

Is the 10% fee they charge us for the discount we pump covering the cost? They also benefit by having the volume of fuel consumed increased and thus TSD’s price for their fleets reduces.

But freight rates recently have dropped with Covid-19 and companies are resorting to trying to find ways to save money.

I’m not suggesting that TSD is manipulating the discounted price they offer RVers at Love’s, but that could be an ingenious way to create extra income and still keep discount, albeit not as significant, to us.

//chile

It's fuel, it's fluid. My guess it will be constantly changing, up or down.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m curious too why the deep discounts TSD offered us are slowly disappearing?

TSD is a trucking company that had the brilliant idea of offering RVers a way to get bulk rate pricing for fuel at truck lanes. The program had become immensely popular with over 21,000 RVers participating. Managing and processing that volume of accounts has a cost.

Is the 10% fee they charge us for the discount we pump covering the cost? They also benefit by having the volume of fuel consumed increased and thus TSD’s price for their fleets reduces.

But freight rates recently have dropped with Covid-19 and companies are resorting to trying to find ways to save money.

I’m not suggesting that TSD is manipulating the discounted price they offer RVers at Love’s, but that could be an ingenious way to create extra income and still keep discount, albeit not as significant, to us.

//chile

I think ESF and TSD have been caught with their pants down on the volume of RV users out there. So they are adjusting for the volume of numbers now. A good thing in the end.

I think Loves will be back sooner than we think. Just a guess on that. The Loves agreement ended and Loves thought they would go back to the higher price that TA and others had. Well now they have lost that RV market because TSD got new deals from TA and Petro. I think TSD saw it coming. Thus the new deals for their trucks at TA and Petro. We just get to tag along on the deal. Trucking companies make deals like this with truck stops all the time. After I retired my wife went crazy wanted me out of the house, so I had to find another job or something to do. I got a class A and learned to drive over the road. Did it for about 1 1/2 year. Not so fun as you would think. The last company I drove for went from Loves to Pilot to Loves again as they made deals all in a years time. Just as I was leaving they went to TA. They were a small company of only 900 trucks. I think the bigger they are the better and more deals they can swing. I think in another year TSD is going to be one of the big ones due to the RV's and we'll all be better for it. Then again that is just a guess too. Hey but I'll take what I can get while I can.
    Jim T.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess, and I have no knowledge, is that the discount may vary with fuel price and volume sold to TSD members. Maybe the reduced travel and subsequent reduced buying has triggered the discount to be reduced.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    My guess, and I have no knowledge, is that the discount may vary with fuel price and volume sold to TSD members. Maybe the reduced travel and subsequent reduced buying has triggered the discount to be reduced.
    That is as good a thought as any. Will know soon enough with summer right around the corner.
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had issues using the price locator on the EFS app? Mine is not work, says unable to load from server?
    Spoke to EFS this morning and they said they were undergoing an upgrade. Should be working later today or Monday.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Spoke to EFS this morning and they said they were undergoing an upgrade. Should be working later today or Monday.
    Well that's good to know. I bet they got a few calls about it.
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here was some good news that came along with the not so good news of the EFS app not being up yet. TSD just posted this one up.

" Just an update on the EFS app. Right now we have no ETA on the app coming back up. EFS is working diligently on a fix. Right now you are safe to say that TA and Petro are the biggest savings.

Good news is that soon after the app comes back up, through our partnership with EFS, we will be adding many more discounts and chains to the discount network. I can't wait to announce all of them just as soon as we finalize. "

So maybe they lost Loves for now , but looks like they are working hard to make things even better than before, anyway it seems like it.
    I did go sign up for a Ultra One card at TA / Petro on line. Just signed up as a company driver. Anyone can do it and get the discount card . Then save up points for food, drink discounts and showers. The only thing I wish this card could do is turn on the pumps and bill my EFS card like the Loves card does.
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [/QUOTE] The only thing I wish this card could do is turn on the pumps and bill my EFS card like the Loves card does.[/QUOTE]

I too will miss that if they don't have that functionality. If anyone has fueled up at TA/Petro what is the process (detail please).
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I wish this card could do is turn on the pumps and bill my EFS card like the Loves card does.[/QUOTE]

I too will miss that if they don't have that functionality. If anyone has fueled up at TA/Petro what is the process (detail please).[/QUOTE]

Its real easy. Pull into the truck lane, insert card,enter your PIN. Follow prompts on the screen. TRACTOR FUEL-YES. REEFER-NO.DEF-YES (if you need it). NO on everything else. (cash advance, oil). You are all set. Pump fuel first then DEF if needed. All done. As soon as you finish you can go to the EFS app and see the transaction with discount.

Also so you know you will only het the discount using the truck lane. Do not use the car lane or you will pay retail price.
    2018 Ram CC,LB DRW Longhorn 6.7, AISIN, 4.10s

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast