User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lineman28

Pulled the trigger on the Reflection 303RLS

Hey Future Friends

Well I want to here from all of my RVing peers out there. The wife and I just put the sold sign on our new Reflection 303RLS. This is our fist rv and want to know what you guys thoughts are on this unit, the goods and bads if any. What do we do now to get ready for our first trip and suggestions on things to put in the camper things we might need or any input would be awesome.
    Very excited we pick her up in about a week from the dealer GA Rv World and to say they are top notch. TJ our sales person goes above and beyond. What do we need to look at or for when we take delivery of the RV.
    Thanks everyone Robert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the family! I hope you make many happy memories
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some things you need to make sure you have is enough length in shore line ( power cord) and hose for your connections for dumping. I would check into a TPMS system to see if you want one. They will save you money if you have a brake/bearing/ or tire problem while on road, catches problem before it gets bad. When you do your PDI, (pre- delivery inspection), make sure you have a list of things to check so you do not forget anything. I checked everything from tire pressure up to roof and in-between. AC/ heater, everything. check doors for plumb and level etc... I hope this helps some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums Lineman28 and congrats on the new Reflection!
    You've come to the right place for advice...there are many experienced RV'ers here and quite a few of them own Reflections.
    I'm sure you'll receive tons of great advice
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the family! Congrats on your beautiful new coach!
    I think the surge protector is one of the most important things you will want for your new coach. I can't tell you how many times the hubs and I feel that it saved us! These homes are not cheap--neither is the protector-but one of the best protections you can get!
    As for the inside--that depends on how you use your coach. We are wintering in ours so pretty much I have duplicates of everything in the coach that I have in our sticks and bricks! Even down to finger nail clippers! I can't stand to need something and not have it.
    Let us know how your first trip out goes!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome Robert and wife! Enjoy that new palace on wheels.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the family and congrats! When we bought our first rv we took alot of notes during our PDI to remember how everything works. After a few trips it all becomes routine as far as set up and tear down.
    As for what to get for camper I agree with Sandi, it depends on how you plan to use your unit. We aren't full timers but we use ours alot ( at least once a month for long weekend, and once or twice a year for a week or two). We pretty much have everything duplicated from our house also (even the finger nail clippers, lol), the less we have to remember to pack, the easier it is to leave.
    A mattress topper (memory foam) or a better mattress is probably one of the first investments you'll want to make.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Robert and congratulations on your new Reflection!

Steve

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robert: It'll take you a trip or two to figure out what's missing--as you need it. The weather's not cooperating right now, so it'll be a month or two before we get back to camping.

In the meantime, I'd suggest you scout out the campgrounds in your region. You've got Hard Luck State Park closeby, however their campgrounds are pretty small. Lake Lanier has a number of Corp of Engineers and Lake Lanier Islands campgrounds. Stone Mountain Park has an absolutely beautiful campground (open year round.) Up in the North GA mountains, you've got Ft. Yargo State Park, Unicoi State Park, Moccasin Bend State Park (Lake Burton) and Tallulah Gorge State Park. The City of Hiawassee also has a beautiful campground on Chatuge Lake--another nice place.

We belong to Unicoi Springs Camp Resort, next to the state park. And we're spoiled to first class facilities. Although we moved from Atlanta area 11 years ago, we still do most of our camping in the beautiful North Georgia mountains or around Pigeon Forge. We're mountain campers.

And remember: You cannot have too many crock pots in your camper.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest learning how to drive all over again.

You’ve added 30+ feet and 10,000 lbs. to your truck so everything is different, forward, backward, left, right, speedup and especially stop.

We found an empty school parking lot like on a Saturday or a Sunday and spent several hours learning how to maneuver this added beast. We learned about turning radius of the trailer compared to the truck. We spent more time on backing than anything else and that made a big difference at almost everyplace we stop from RV Parks to backing it into the driveway at the house. Also figured out for me it was easier to backup to the drivers side.
    We pulled into a Flying J the other day that was packed and had no problem at all, it’s a big confidence booster knowing how it is goingto react.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast