User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I have brass elbows on each of my connections (city water and black flush). I put on a short piece of flex hose, that has a wire wrap around it for stiffness, like what comes with the Camco water filter. When I hook up a water hose, it’s to the short flex hose which, after the elbow, is pretty much aimed at the flapped inlet in the bottom of the storage tray. No mess, no fuss, no threads on the trailer to worry about wearing out.
    @wannabervin we have these three-foot hoses on the brass elbows you're buying for fresh and black water inlets:

https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-HFZ...hi&sr=1-1&th=1

We have these quick-connectors on all hose connections:

https://www.amazon.com/Orbit-58117-B...93&s=hi&sr=1-6

Water hookups take seconds. Life is good.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm planning on getting the elbows so I don't have to mess with the plastic receivers anymore. Also quick connects (Fathers Day). Not sure the benefits of the flex hose, since everything is already pointing down?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    I'm planning on getting the elbows so I don't have to mess with the plastic receivers anymore. Also quick connects (Fathers Day). Not sure the benefits of the flex hose, since everything is already pointing down?
    They just give a little more flex so that there is less strain on the connection at the panel.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    They just give a little more flex so that there is less strain on the connection at the panel.
    The short hose is a great idea-I'm getting one. It will eliminate the puddle in the trough every time I disconnect the water. I also have quick disconnects on everything-just makes hooking and unhooking easier. The brass quick disconnects are the one's to get even if more expensive than the plastic ones (which don't last very long). You only have to put some silicone plumbers grease on the inside of the disconnect (there's an o-ring in there) once in a while. Hope this isn"t TMI.
    John & Nadine Bagby
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chevy 2500HD CCLB Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick trick to prevent water in the compartment...unhook at the pedistal first, then the trailer. It will drain out before you unhook and prevent water pool in the bottom of cab....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was always afraid of metal threads with plastic threads. I use quick connect fittings on mine for both fresh water and black tank flush. Never have to screw anything in. Oh, I also use an elbow on the fresh inlet. Here's an example:

https://www.jmesales.com/dixon-brass..._content=Dixon
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12