User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

City water inlet

Help! The threads on my city water inlet are shot. I was able to fill the fresh water tank with the hose barely hanging on. U Tube only showed repairs to inlets with 3 exposed screws, which my 384 GK-R does not have. How do I get it off?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    Help! The threads on my city water inlet are shot. I was able to fill the fresh water tank with the hose barely hanging on. U Tube only showed repairs to inlets with 3 exposed screws, which my 384 GK-R does not have. How do I get it off?
    I believe it unscrews from the back side, You would remove the piping and then loosen the backing nut that hold it to the panel face. Once than nut is removed it come out the front. Over at GD they have a parts look up for your unit. If you look there for the inlet fitting you should see how it goes together. Here is a picture of a typical inlet with the backing nut on the back https://www.ebay.com/i/122627724528?...SABEgIVdPD_BwE

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. I called GD Cust Svc, and they said, seemingly consistent with what you said, I have to get in behind the Nautilus unit, which requires removing the wall between the unit and the storage bay. How do you find the screws under the carpet on the wall?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK. I called GD Cust Svc, and they said, seemingly consistent with what you said, I have to get in behind the Nautilus unit, which requires removing the wall between the unit and the storage bay. How do you find the screws under the carpet on the wall?
    There are no "HIDDEN" screws. All should be surface mount. On my unit there are three or four at the edge of the nautilus panel and 3 or 4 at the other end of the wall in the pass through. They are black in color. Once removed the wall is easily removed. The middle is a friction fit.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our unit the most easily-removed wall panel is the angled one along the back wall of the basement storage, not the one attached to the Nautilus cabinet. Big panel with (usually) six screws, three visible on each edge. Once down, easy to see and easy enough to access the rear of the Nautilus panel. I wouldn't try removing the panel AT the Nautilus cabinet.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gained access to the rear of the Nautilus system. Before I break anything, does anyone know how the city water inlet comes apart?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Umm, if you haven't already gotten too deep into it...are you sure it is the inlet? Many "RV" hoses have rolled/stamped threads for their ends, instead of machined threads. I've got a couple official white hoses that just won't stay in the fittings at all. But those that I found with the better ends work perfectly. Stop by a well stocked hardware store, and compare hoses and you'll see the difference. Then comes the search for a good drinking water rated hose....or cutting off the bad ones, and putting on aftermarket ends sold in the same hardware store.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I went out to inspect the hose. Looked ok to me. Tried it again in the inlet and everything was fine. I must have had it cross threaded yesterday. I'm going to get a set of brass elbow fittings for the city water and black tank flush, so I don't have to mess with the plastic fixtures anymore. And I learned how to remove the partition and see what is behind it. Thanks for everyone's help.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, I went out to inspect the hose. Looked ok to me. Tried it again in the inlet and everything was fine. I must have had it cross threaded yesterday. I'm going to get a set of brass elbow fittings for the city water and black tank flush, so I don't have to mess with the plastic fixtures anymore. And I learned how to remove the partition and see what is behind it. Thanks for everyone's help.
    Glad it was something simple. Cross threading happens to the best of us.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have brass elbows on each of my connections (city water and black flush). I put on a short piece of flex hose, that has a wire wrap around it for stiffness, like what comes with the Camco water filter. When I hook up a water hose, it’s to the short flex hose which, after the elbow, is pretty much aimed at the flapped inlet in the bottom of the storage tray. No mess, no fuss, no threads on the trailer to worry about wearing out.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast