Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hitching up...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitching up...

Hello everyone, this is my first post. My wife and I bought a 2021 Reflection 337RLS just a couple weeks ago, and are going on our first trip (shakedown) this weekend. We are old time RVers, including a fifth wheel over the past 20 plus years. This is the first rig with the leveling system (4 point). We brought it home and unhitched in my driveway, and then pressed automatic leveling. It worked great. Now that we are about to leave in a couple of days, I have forgotten whether I have to manually raise the rear legs before I hit the "hitch height" button. I think that if I just hit the hitch height, the real legs will retract first before the front is raised. Is that correct? Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure exactly what control pad you have. I know the new ones have phone apps too. Here is what we do with our 2020 295RL.

State: trailer is unhooked from truck, it is level and the slides are in ready for travel. (all 4 feet are on the ground)
    Panel: our panel has a few buttons and a green 2 line screen. I push the arrows until I find the message that has "Reconnect" in it. GO. (this will pull up the back feet, and put the front in the exact location you were at when you hit the Auto Level button.

Most of the time this will return our trailer to the exact level to slide the hitch onto the 5th wheel and read for the tug test. Sometimes, a bit of settling will happen and we will have to raise up the front with the top arrow to align the pin with the hitch.

This auto level stuff is really fantastic. I just love it. We have never had a fault and it just works every time!

Many people have troubles, just make sure that you always start the auto level with front higher than level (my truck pulls dead level, so it is always front high when we start). Never let the rear feet extend to full extent, I always put a couple of linx levelers under them. On the fronts, I pull the pin and let the adjustable feet down to the height of my cell phone (long ways). No matter what crazy ground you are on, always have the front feet the same distance from the ground when you start the process.

Have fun. These restrictions are starting to loosen up and allow for some RV movement!
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks so much for the feedback. That is what I needed. We actually have two panels for the system. A touch screen inside the street side storage compartment, and the more traditional panel in front under the bedroom overhang, next to the vent for the batteries. On that panel, there is a button that says "hitch height". One touch and it takes it back to the last time you unhitched. So I guess that when I hit that button the rear legs will retract and then the front will move. Thanks for the tip on putting the linx levelers under the feet. I had already thought I would do that. This is our first shakedown trip, and the only place we can find here in Northern California is a park built around a decommissioned nuclear power plant LOL!

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated above, pushing the "Hitch Position" causes the rear levelers to retract first then the landing gear goes to the height that it was at when you first pushed the Auto Level button after disconnecting from your truck.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. That answers my questions.