User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sewer Hose Storage Tube Fell Off Reflection

Has anyone had an issue with the OEM D&W SuperTube sewer hose storage tube falling off a Reflection? After investigating I discovered that only 3 of the 4 fastening screws were attached to the frame. I removed the Coroplast underbelly and determined that there is no structure available where the 4th screw is located. One end of the Super-Tube bracket has both fasteners attached to the trailer frame which is fine, however at the other end there is only a cross member on one side to fasten the Super-Tube bracket, and nothing to fasten the other side of the bracket. This explains why the fourth fastener was never installed……there is nothing to fasten it to. I suspect this added stress on the remaining side of the bracket which eventually failed. Once the bracket on one end failed, the bracket on the other end would of course fail from the weight and torque. This is a safety issue if it falls off while travelling down the highway.
    The storage tube should be longer so that it can fasten to the frame on both ends.

2018 Reflection 295RL

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valterra makes an adjustable version which should line up with the frame rails. I plan on installing 2 of them, but I havent gotten to ordering them yet. My factory one is installed on the frame rails, not sure why they didnt do that on your, but I also dont have a Reflection. The door on one side of mine failed and I zip tied it shut, thankfully it's the side opposite of the valves.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is mounted the same way on our 303. Definitely a poor design & I don't know why someone thought it would be ok. I don't store my hose in there so the tube is empty & so far it hasn't fallen off.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got one of these to replace it https://www.walmart.com/ip/Buyers-Pr...SABEgJ-r_D_BwE

Mounted it to the hitch frame. Be sure to shop around as the go on sale once in a while.

I still use my sewer carrier too - I just keep and eve on the 3 support screws
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine fell off after about 6 months. Same thing, only 3 screws.

I replaced it with 5 fence post tubes. Over 3 times more space.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide