User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brand New 2670MK Water By Dinette

Hello,

We just bought our 2670MK and got it home last week. We put it in the driveway, leveled it and opened the slides to find water in the corner on the right side of the desk where the slide meets the wall. I thought maybe it was just something spilled and was hoping it was a one time thing.

We have been using the TT int he driveway to test everything and I came out this morning and found the same spot soaking wet. Any ideas what this could be or how I can go about correcting it? I also sent my RV dealer a message about this today.

E2A: I pulled the drawers out and stuck my iphone down there on record with the video running. I couldn't see any pools of water back there, but in the back corner I think, big THINK, I see some discoloring of the wood near the outside wall of the TT.
    Last edited by EddieK82; 05-09-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

We just bought our 2670MK and got it home last week. We put it in the driveway, leveled it and opened the slides to find water in the corner on the right side of the desk where the slide meets the wall. I thought maybe it was just something spilled and was hoping it was a one time thing.

We have been using the TT int he driveway to test everything and I came out this morning and found the same spot soaking wet. Any ideas what this could be or how I can go about correcting it? I also sent my RV dealer a message about this today.
    Lots of rain, storms traveling through in the last week or so. Tracking down water egress is hard, but you will probably be more diligent at doing so than the techs at the dealership. They’re likely to open the slide to recreate rain and then pull it in again. If they can’t recreate it, you’ve wasted a trip. You should check all your seals for any damage. The wipers are supposed to shed all the water, but if it’s raining when you bring it in, residual water will drip down the sides. Did you drive in rain? (There’s a seal on the bottom as well.) If you bring it in while it’s raining, the gear tracks can hold quite a bit of water. Does your slide have windows? Check the frame and wall around the edges, both inside and out. For the water that’s there, get as much out with towels or a shop vac, and run a dehumidifier til dry. (Make sure you feel the walls around the area of concern. We had a window leak on the outside top edge. It traveled down, around the frame and ran down the wall to the floor, but that wasn’t visible. Only when I felt the wall was I able to figure out the source). Also, pictures might help someone else here make some suggestions. Good luck, keep it as dry as you can, and keep hunting until you can nail down a specific fix (at least ballpark) for the techs.
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 05-10-2020 at 03:59 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked around the seals, they seam to pretty darn tight. I also took a hose and wet the heck out of it last sunny day, under and over, and nothing. In my TT there is a water heat with a vent to the outside behind the desk here. I am wondering if that could be the culprit. But when I put my hand on the wet spot, the fluid almost seams sticky to me.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think it could be the connections on the water heater. They are typically hand tight and could loosen up or just not have been tight enough initially. See If you can reach the back of the water heater and tighten both of them or see if there is any evidence of leakage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your water heater is back behind the desk drawers. You have to remove the drawers to get at the valves when winterizing it. (BTW - on the drawer slides are little plastic catches. One has to be pulled forward, and the other pushed back, to get the drawer out.) Once you remove both drawers, you should have much better visibility. No other fluids back there except water, so any stickiness might only be from whatever it picked up on it's journey.
    Check underneath the trailer, around that area, and look for any signs of something. Liquids can run along surfaces, etc. for a long way, so see if you can find signs of a drip, anywhere. Check walls closely, inside, especially around the slide and its opening. Finally, up to the roof, and look for any imprefections in the seam sealants, especially at the kitchen vent, the line across the rear, at the ladder mount, and of course the edge where the roof meets the outside wall. Check forward too, around the AC and all the other penetrations, in case it is running from further away.
    I lost my last trailer to a branch caused roof tear. Water coming in that way migrated down inside the walls, and caused them to delaminate (bubbles/ripples on the outside fiberglass). Only fix was to replace the roof, and at least two walls of the trailer. Hence why we now have a 2670MK.
    Do what you can to trace it. Perhaps even try to save a sample, in case it isn't water (but there is nothing else that it normally could be...) Stay on your dealer to definitively find and fix it. I would call GD, and let them know, just so you have it on file and documented, in case there are issues down the road.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could an unlevel TT cause this to leak? If so, how should it be leveled? I had it pretty dead on though.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked back there and found no water in that area. It seams to be coming from the slide and leaking out toward the middle of the TT. It's not a massive amount of water inside, but just enough to make the carpet wet, it's not pooling into the TT.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not familiar with your floor plan, but could it be the condensate line of the fridge is plugged and condensate is coming out the front of the fridge? Your condensate tray in the fridge would be full if you want to check that.

Has it rained recently? Maybe it is a slide seal issue?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked back there and found no water in that area. It seams to be coming from the slide and leaking out toward the middle of the TT. It's not a massive amount of water inside, but just enough to make the carpet wet, it's not pooling into the TT.
    Sure sounds like you found the issue. On the dinette side, slide out I can see if it leaks while going down the road rain water getting on the desk top or on the carpet for sure.
    Sounds like you have found the correct area . I'm sure you'll test that area with the slide out now. Maybe watch while someone sprays a little water on it. Once your sure a trip to the deal and a call in to GD for sure. It can be very hard to find water leaks sometimes. Best of luck and well done tracking that down.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Having it unlevel would not do it. Check the side rubber seals on the slide, with it not quite all the way open, from the inside. I found that mine could slide up and down in their track, leaving a pretty big gap if in the wrong position. I slid them down, put a gob of silicone a few inches long on the track, and slid them into proper position. After drying, the silicone glued them in place at one end, so they couldn't slide anymore. While inside in the dark, with either bright sun on that side of the trailer, or someone with a bright flashlight on the outside, make sure the top bulb seal is actually sealing all the way across. I do have a small gap where one can see light right at the floor level on the sides. Others have mentioned it too. Should not let rain in, due to where it is, but some have worried about road spray getting in - I've never seen it on mine. Apparently GD thinks that is fine, although others insist on filling it to prevent rodent/bug entry.

(to others - everything kitchen related is on the opposite side of the trailer. Fridge evaporator comes out of the rear lower vent on the back of the trailer, but it too is opposite from the area we are talking about).
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)