User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everybody for your replies. The Solitude awnings are pretty high so I have to measure just to see what would fit.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talked to a couple of folks on FB page who had them. They said they work really well. Don't have to worry about wind nor rain.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo1 View Post
    Despite all the rhetoric about to use or not use a pole to stabilize, i highly recommend them. My previous Mountaineer had a "normal" awning and once out and tied down, it was never rolled back up....unless of course the weather forecast said high winds >20 mph were coming. Now i have a Momentum w the powered awnings. Personally i think all three suck. They are too high to provide decent shelter, they are flimsy and make noise in the slightest wind. I havent put the hardware together yet for some sort of stabilizer for the two main canopies but they definately need it. The current manufacturers need to return to the previous type of awnings that can be used as intended. So to end this rant, yes, you need to use stabilizers even on the "new" style....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The carefree awnings Grand Design uses are terrible! I have the same awning on a Open Range now and HATE it! Funny how they go to electric awnings without poles and now sell poles to put back on them to make them as stable as a manual awning! My awning is straight out, like the Grand Design and they hold water and dump all at once and soak everything around! Catch wind awful!

I am probably about to do what I said I would never do! I will probably buy a Grand Design with the same terrible awning on it that I have now! I tried to order a Reflection without a awning so as to put a good one on it, but no dice! I guess I will despise this awning just like I have for the last 7 years with the Open range! Seems everybody is going to these awnings! Must be cheap! We found 3 trailers we liked of different brands and all had the crappy carefree awnings!

Left The Driveway EasyRider2019's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to keep an eye on the winds. We've been using tie down straps purchased at Camping World to keep the awnings stable. We typically bring the awnings in if winds are expected above 15 mph. Following a day of some gusty winds, I noticed the awning tube on the side awning of our 2020 Momentum now has a bow in it presumably because the straps held the ends in place while the aluminum tube flexed when the wind caught the awning. I now pull them in even in light winds. I suspect the poles wouldn't prevent this from happening.
    Gary & Dorie
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 397TH
    2019 Ram 3500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12