Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stereo dvd head unit

I have a 2017 Reflection travel trailer. The head unit (stereo/dvd) has no power. Standby is not lit up. Checked
    fuse in panel and it's fine. Any suggestions on why no power?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have 12V power otherwise? Lights etc.?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stereo

Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Do you have 12V power otherwise? Lights etc.?
    yes. all 12v working. I accidentally crossed my pos and neg on battery which blew the fuse on my converter. I
    replaced the fuse after discovering. Is there a fuse behind the head unit that could have blown, and if so, why is the fuse in the box ok. Perplexed. Thanks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP61 View Post
    yes. all 12v working. I accidentally crossed my pos and neg on battery which blew the fuse on my converter. I
    replaced the fuse after discovering. Is there a fuse behind the head unit that could have blown, and if so, why is the fuse in the box ok. Perplexed. Thanks.
    Probably not a fuse.

Rule 1 in finding problems is to to look at the last thing you messed with. That was the 12V system, so I’d want to measure 12V power as close as possible to the stereo. These things aren’t great quality. There is often a reset button someplace. A small hole in the faceplate.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the exact same thing last week. I did find out there is a 10 amp fuse behind the Stereo. I removed the face plate took out the four screws and it came out easily. Replaced the 10 amp fuse and was good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the exact same thing a couple of months ago. My eyes dont see in the dark as well as they used to and i didnt use a flashlight. Our stereo was also without power exactly as you describe.

I pulled the bottom cover off ( furrion i believe was brand ) it covers the screw holes and is only around all the buttons on the bottom half of the unit, it snaps on so pry gently, I used my fingers only and it came off.

I pulled all four screws and slid the head unit out and on the back left ( looking from the front ) there was a standard automotive fuse red, 10 amps and it was blown. I swapped that out, caveat is that i have not hooked up the batter to test to see if that fixed the stereo yet but am hopeful it will work now.

Its a quick thing to try, cheap, and it might fix your problem.

Of note when I crossed my cables I also blew a fuse in the panel and believe I have blown two more on my converter charger but i have to pull the false wall in the storage to check for those and havent done this yet. We cant use it right now and its stored remotely making fixes like these a little more complicated.

Hope this helps you and would be awesome if it fixes it for you cause there will be hope for mine too.

Mike
    Last edited by ultramafic; 05-11-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    I did the exact same thing last week. I did find out there is a 10 amp fuse behind the Stereo. I removed the face plate took out the four screws and it came out easily. Replaced the 10 amp fuse and was good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beat me to it... haha

Good to hear, ours has a chance.

Mike

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much Mjlebsa. I will pull plate this weekend and replace fuse.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mike. I don't see so well light or dark.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John. I will first look for reset before pulling face plate on unit .