User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Bill Fenech did offer me a smoking deal on any GD product I want, however, my wife still likes our 2013 Columbus, and we really have had no problems with it.

I work for a GD dealer, and we also have the Columbus line. Had I known about GD before I ordered our Columbus, we would be in a Solitude.

GD was not in business at the time we ordered ours...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141105_172134928.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	1261
    Our 337 came with the table and chairs, but we negotiated a deal to have the dinette installed. We wanted another rear lounge coach, but still needed a place for kids to sleep. We have used it both ways, but I actually like it better with the dinette. Love the 337. Great floor plan, and a little shorter and lighter than the 369rl Solitude.
    Sean and Donna Duling
    2015 Reflection 337rls #627
    1996 F-350 CC 4x4 DRW 7.3L
    Ferndale Wa.

Norcalrv1
    We have the 337, number 263. We did have the front A/C installed and have used it many times. It is not hooked to the thermostat, it is manual and works very well. I recommend it. Dual pain windows was something that I wanted but did not get them because as soon as the seal cracks during travel the will leak and become fogged over. I would only get them if you are not going to travel with it, just let it sit and an RV park.
    Hope this is not to late.

Rod Zebb
    Fairfield, CA.
    2014 Reflection 337, number 263
    2014 RAM 3500 turbo diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the dual pane window question, they are not sealed units like a house or motor home. They are simply two panes of glass with an air gap between them. No seal and inert gas to fail causing them to fog up. They mainly prevent condensation and reduce noise but provide little in R value.

We just took our 303RLS out for the first time this past weekend. The windows never had a drop of condensation on them even down to 19 degrees using the furnace and with two adults and two kids. The park was relatively empty so I can testify to the noise reduction but have read other posts where people would never go without out them. So far I'm very pleased with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our Solitude on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, It arrived on January 7th. Our dealer said If you want it quickly November to January is the best time to order. as we approach spring they will get backed up a bit.
    Dave and Darlene
    West Jordan Utah
    2015 Solitude 379 FL

Norcalrv1
    You won that one. I explored that issue also and was led to believe that dual windows were not desirable for the reasons I explained. Glad you figured it out. I have been in temps to 19 and been fine. The heat works great and the underbelly is also heated. No freezing problems.

You will really enjoy your Grand Design. We lived in ours for 5 months after we got it. It tows behind my new 2014 RAM 3500 perfectly. Speed limits in Wyoming and Utah are 80 and it towed great even at those speeds. Leaving in the morning for a month or two and then to Alaska. Very comfortable place to be. The fireplace is great and we put a 14 inch mattress in the bedroom (Overstock.com) and sleep better than in the house. Can't wait to leave in the morning!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norcalrv1 View Post

Speed limits in Wyoming and Utah are 80 and it towed great even at those speeds.
    Wow! Did you change out the tires on your 337? I thought the Westlake ST tires were only rated for 65mph? Have I been holding back for nothing?

Jim

Norcalrv1
    Yes, I sure did. I have G rated tires, the E rated that they put on the 5th wheels blow out. I was told that they were rated at 3,500 pounds, which is 14,000 pounds for four; our gross weight. The G rated tires are 4,500 each which gives us 18,000 pounds of load carrying capacity. These numbers are what the dealership told me; unverified otherwise. I also saw at least two blow outs last summer with E rated tires. One really made a mess out of the side of the 5th wheel. A friend of mine told me about this problem and he has many years of experience with a 5th wheel. He blew two tires in less than 400 miles. Somebody said that these are truck tires, I couldn't say. I pump them to 80 psi and in 10,000 miles no issues.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norcalrv1 View Post
    Yes, I sure did. I have G rated tires, the E rated that they put on the 5th wheels blow out. I was told that they were rated at 3,500 pounds, which is 14,000 pounds for four; our gross weight. The G rated tires are 4,500 each which gives us 18,000 pounds of load carrying capacity. These numbers are what the dealership told me; unverified otherwise. I also saw at least two blow outs last summer with E rated tires. One really made a mess out of the side of the 5th wheel. A friend of mine told me about this problem and he has many years of experience with a 5th wheel. He blew two tires in less than 400 miles. Somebody said that these are truck tires, I couldn't say. I pump them to 80 psi and in 10,000 miles no issues.
    Did you change out the rims too? When I was doing my brakes and bearings a few weeks ago, I saw a stamp on the inside of the rims that they are rated for 3200 pounds each. It kind of defeats the purpose of a 7000 pound axle, when the the two wheels on each axle are rated for 6400 pounds.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our 303 the beginning Jan with dual pane windows. (I know there are pros and cons with dual panes but there are so many windows we went ahead and paid the extra. Hopefully we will be happy with our decision.) Today we called the factory and were told it would be assembled Feb first and delivered three weeks later. Funny, we were also looking at a new 2014 brookstone 315. Great price, lower than the 303, but we went with GD's strong reputation. We also wondered why the dealer had several 2014s left in Jan. The 315 is also a couple thousand pounds heavier and a couple feet longer. We wanted to stay on the smaller and lighter side.
    2012 Ford F250 diesel Anderson hitch
    2015 Reflection 303
    1994 Jayco pop up ...still in the garage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast