User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection- Battery Bank ,CONVERTER/Charger Upgrade

2019 303RLS UPGRADED TO 4-Trojan T105 Wired in Series-Parrallel with 2AWG WELDING cable.Purchased. New Intellipower PD9260C Converter ready to Install,but Am I Missing Something? From the old converter. there is 6AWG Wich I believe that is 6 gauge ran out of site then surfacing in Front Battery Compartment.Is it just me or isn't a distance of about 10 ft a little to long.And should I upgrade that also from 6awg to a #2 HEAVY Duty ToughFlex welding cable. My Intent is to not have Charging Time lengthened.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design is trying to make a trailer that balances cost and benefit. My recommendation would be to up-size your wiring. Your new converter/charger should push more power to your batteries so you should upsixe. I am not sure what the output of your new charger is - but you should should ensure the output is matched to cable size.
    Ben & Camille
    2022 Ford F450 King Ranch
    B&W Factory Puck 5th Wheel Hitch
    2016 Reflection 303RLS 4/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used this when making new cables....https://www.amazon.com/Goplus-Hydrau...s%2C211&sr=8-9.... The metric sizing of the dies was a little tricky to figure out, but the end result was excellent.... My thought process was: There was no point in spending the money on heavier battery cable and having a poor crimp on the terminals
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}