Duplicate post
    Last edited by Bwood BBQ; 05-16-2020 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Double tap

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    It looks like you did a great job. I really dont understand the purpose of a bed rug though. How does it hold up with rain and snow? Obviously it's not for everyone, would be good for someone with a cap on their truck. Mine has Line X and I'm happy with it, my truck bed also has lots of dirt in it from dirt bikes and other random stuff that goes back there from time to time so I dont imagine that would work out well with a bed rug.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Bedrug is made of Marine-grade carpeting so it is resistant to moisture. The foam backing is custom molded to sit in all the peaks and valleys of the truck bed. I will tell you this....the Bedrug is impervious to almost everything natural except for BLOOD. Don't throw that fresh roadkill in the back without protecting the rug! I worked at a truck jobber and did these installs frequently.

Bwood BBQ -- you did an awesome install

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truknutt View Post
    Bedrug is made of Marine-grade carpeting so it is resistant to moisture. The foam backing is custom molded to sit in all the peaks and valleys of the truck bed. I will tell you this....the Bedrug is impervious to almost everything natural except for BLOOD. Don't throw that fresh roadkill in the back without protecting the rug! I worked at a truck jobber and did these installs frequently.

Bwood BBQ -- you did an awesome install

And Hot dirty used diesel oil spilled on it will stain it and deform it. Bedrug did a warranty replacement for my bedrug for this staining and warping.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwood BBQ View Post
    Talked to the dealer and going with the Pullrite Superglide 18k. Think that will be the best for the setup we have. Dealer gave me a good price and I'm kinda done with hitch research. Those little brass spacers should make it work well with the Bedrug. I'll definitely post some pictures once it is installed and any issues I run into during hitch install.
    A few years back I had a Solitude, I believe it was 41' I don't remember the model number. I had a short bed Ram 2500 and a Pullrite Super Glide hitch, which was recommended by my dealer. The hitch box was a Rota-Flex that came on the Solitude. I was trying to back into my driveway from the blind side, which I had done a few times before, with some trouble because the driveway is slightly angled in that direction. I am also not too good at backing up. I decided to pull out and go around a large turn around at the end of the block, so I could come in from the other side. That turn around is there for large trucks to turn around because it is a dead end street. I had made that turn before with no problem. Well this last time when I went around the turn the trailer came through the rear window crushing the whole rear of the cab. When I inspected the setup I found that the capture plate had spun around 90 degrees from its proper location. Probably when I was trying to back in. The truck was totaled and the trailer had a small scrape. I sold the solitude and had a bumper pull for a while, but now I am back to a smaller Reflection 303RLS and a Ford F250 Short bed. No more automatic sliders for me. My new hitch is a Companion manual slider. Its no big deal to get out of the truck and pull the lever and its 100% dependable.
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, but when I hear of people buying these Pullrite sliders it makes me shudder.
    Last edited by Malco1; 05-21-2020 at 12:59 AM.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12