User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower door curtain replacement ?

NEVER MIND. I FOUND MY ANSWER IN SOME OLDER POSTINGS SEARCHES.

Has anyone replaced the shower sliding door curtain on their imagine? I was thinking of taking the entire thing out as we don't think much of it. It seems very flimsy and not sure how long it will last before it starts to leak. Just a plain old shower curtain will do us just fine.

Will it leave a lot of holes or marks on the shower walls ? I have no idea what's behind it or what I can expect if I take it out.

Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by ScopesNC; 05-10-2020 at 07:02 PM.
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I did not find my answer to this question. Seems nobody has completely removed the shower curtain roller door. If the have they sure have not posted about it. I asked GD and I have had no answer back as of yet. 5 days wait now. If somebody knows how to get that roller curtain off with out damaging it or the shower walls I'd sure like to know.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The door is hung on the plastic shower wall in my unit, so if you take it out, all you have to do is fix the screw holes. The drip guard on the bottom is integral part of the unit, isn't it? As long as your curtain stays inside the shower well you could be good to go. You could just put a curtain in and use the top roller guide rail as the shower rod to hang the curtain from. The door would never get wet so it should never be a problem.

We really like the door, it is light and easy to clean (so says my better half) and does not blow around like some curtains tend to. I have not heard of anyone having any issues with the door itself, I have heard of some leaks caused by a GDRV caulking job.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The part is getting it out. How to get that end where the curtain door rolls up is my issue. I can get the other side and the top. How can one get to the screws on that one side is my issue. You can't see the screws with that roller in the way. How to get it out of my way is the problem. I don't want to break it.
    Jim T.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    The part is getting it out. How to get that end where the curtain door rolls up is my issue. I can get the other side and the top. How can one get to the screws on that one side is my issue. You can't see the screws with that roller in the way. How to get it out of my way is the problem. I don't want to break it.
    I popped the top bar off which was the biggest nuisance then installed a standard shower curtain and rod. We just left the roller retracted and intact. You can’t even tell it’s there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5418.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	26561

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Here’s another photo

Name:	IMG_5417.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	26562

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I popped the top bar off which was the biggest nuisance then installed a standard shower curtain and rod. We just left the roller retracted and intact. You can’t even tell it’s there.

Name:	IMG_5418.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	26561

Mine looks just like that now. I would much rather have the entire thing out of the way. The shower rod we have folds in and out and when out that side gets in the way. Not a show stopper , but it would be much better gone.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    Mine looks just like that now. I would much rather have the entire thing out of the way. The shower rod we have folds in and out and when out that side gets in the way. Not a show stopper , but it would be much better gone.
    Jim,
    I don’t know if this will find you any fasteners to remove, but the shower side of roller storage area is a hinged flap, or door. It is designed to “snap” closed, and has a thin, silicone wiper to scrape the water off the inside of the door (I assume to keep water and subsequent mold out of the rolled up door and mechanism). Ours would not stay closed and after travel, the thin little door would be open, the silicone wiper would have dropped down, coiled up on the shower floor. You might try prying this thin door open to expose the rolled up screen. The closures are at the top and bottom.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce

Thank you very much for your input. I will take a look today for sure. That does seem like something very much worth looking at. If it does work I will post giving you credit if you don't mind ,when I post back how I do it. If it doesn't work no harm no foul right? LOL

When I spoke to Brian at GD he said give him a day to get back to me and then said another day. It's been 6 days now. I'm starting to think they don't know. Sent another e-mail this morning.

Thank you again
    Jim
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd say not to borrow trouble until trouble finds you. Ours has been fine for 3 seasons now. It stays shut, when desired. It keeps the water fully in the shower space. It maximizes space when retracted, and doesn't get in the way. It self squeegees when opened, so little water gets inside. And, there has never been a hint of mold.
    IF it ever breaks, then I would consider a shower curtain, just due to the cost. But the curtain has its issues too - getting in the way, not keeping water always contained, needing to be cleaned, etc.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast