User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    Bruce

Thank you very much for your input. I will take a look today for sure. That does seem like something very much worth looking at. If it does work I will post giving you credit if you don't mind ,when I post back how I do it. If it doesn't work no harm no foul right? LOL

When I spoke to Brian at GD he said give him a day to get back to me and then said another day. It's been 6 days now. I'm starting to think they don't know. Sent another e-mail this morning.

Thank you again
    Jim
    You’re welcome. It’s at least worth a look. The frustrating problem with our door was they didn’t listen when we asked them to fix it. Even though I repeated several times-it’s NOT the shower door/screen, it’s the little flap that holds the roller in, they replaced the whole shower roller screen, which of course didn’t even address the problem. They finally siliconed it shut. The flap is aluminum, faces the shower, is 1&1/2” wide and runs from top to bottom (same height as shower screen). It’s supposed to click shut at two points-top and bottom (so the entire roller can be removed).
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce

I was able to see after prying up the top how the door you spoke of works. However I did not see at the bottom how it would come out. I broke it at the bottom on the inside and the roller came out. It has a spring roller inside at the bottom. It is mounted to the bottom of the shower by a clip.
    It looked like a small screw was holding it in along with a clip. When I pried on it the entire thing came right off. Had I done that from the start after opening that door I would have broken nothing. OH well. It can be done I know that now.

Now for the good , but bad news. GD didn't want to help me for a reason. They did not want to tell me the thing is not screwed down. The right side has 3 screws for show. Nothing more. It along with the entire thing is glued down with some sort of double sided foam tape. The inside has a bead of silicone to keep the water in. So to get it off with out tearing up the walls you have to take something like a wire or cheese cutter and pull along cutting it free. Now all I have to do is clean up the old silicone and foam tape glue. The foam tape glue comes off very easy. The silicone not so easy and will take a lot of time. It is done and your hint about the door was the thing I needed to know from the start. I have to go back out and do some more clean up now. I will post about it later.
    Thank you very much.
    Jim
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    I'd say not to borrow trouble until trouble finds you. Ours has been fine for 3 seasons now. It stays shut, when desired. It keeps the water fully in the shower space. It maximizes space when retracted, and doesn't get in the way. It self squeegees when opened, so little water gets inside. And, there has never been a hint of mold.
    IF it ever breaks, then I would consider a shower curtain, just due to the cost. But the curtain has its issues too - getting in the way, not keeping water always contained, needing to be cleaned, etc.
    Sometimes I should leave things alone your right about that. In this case we just did not like that shower curtain roller.
    In the end we gained about 6 or 7 inches of elbow room. Was it worth it? Most folks would say no. In my case I did break the roller part and would have to get a new spring roller if I ever wanted to put it back. Which will never happen.
    The shower curtain we put in looks much better to us. That is all that matters. Just wish I had known about that bottom clip on the roller. Bruce gave me the big tip. That back side flip door gave me the access I needed to do any of it. So thanks Bruce.
    Last edited by ScopesNC; 05-18-2020 at 05:22 PM. Reason: typo
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I should leave things alone your right about that. In this case we just did not like that shower curtain roller.
    In the end we gained about 6 or 7 inches of elbow room. Was it worth it? Most folks would say no. In my case I did break the roller part and would have to get a new spring roller if I ever wanted to put it back. Which will never happen.
    The shower curtain we put in looks much better to us. That is all that matters. Just wish I had known about that bottom clip on the roller. Bruce gave me the big tip. That back side flip door gave me the access I needed to do any of it. So thanks Bruce.
    It’s Nancy, by the way (green print), and sorry it didn’t work out as cleanly as you hoped. I, too, am not a fan of the shower roller screen. It’s a great concept, but cheap execution. I’m waiting for Bruce to poke through it with his elbow (which frequently bangs against the glass shower doors at home).
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    It’s Nancy, by the way (green print),
    N
    And a big old OPS sorry about that Nancy. I have no idea about the green print, could have been blue, or red. Pink? Now maybe that would have been a clue I'd have got. Then again being slow as I am , NAH.
    Again thank you for the big hint on the little flapper door.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And a big old OPS sorry about that Nancy. I have no idea about the green print, could have been blue, or red. Pink? Now maybe that would have been a clue I'd have got. Then again being slow as I am , NAH.
    Again thank you for the big hint on the little flapper door.
    Jim,
    No big thing. Marcy started it, but since she started, several women have changed the color of their names in the signature line...and post in that color so you know who you’re talking to (or who to blame for bum advice). Like all the recent pics, by the way.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Jim,
    No big thing. Marcy started it, but since she started, several women have changed the color of their names in the signature line...and post in that color so you know who you’re talking to (or who to blame for bum advice). Like all the recent pics, by the way.
    N
    Well dang . I didn't get the memo.

Y'all some fancy forums folks around here. What with your fancy colors and all.
    Jim T.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The only reason I went with a real shower curtain was the top bar that the squeegie shower door rides along is only about 5'10" which is like chin-level for me. I have to duck too much as it is, I'm not doing it to get in and out of the shower. Well, not as far anyway. The new shower rod sits at about 6'2" so I still have to duck a little but it's round and a lot bigger and if I do hit my head on the new bar, it moves out of the way unlike most things I hit my head on.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12