User Tag List

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transmission risk/what to avoid

This is a very well done article on how the disease spreads, what is safe and what's not safe. It appears to be good research, but I'm not going to vouch for it, I didn't read all the sources. However, if this is true, it bodes very well for the safety of RVing, as well as outdoor activities in general.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...2770e3dc6540e4

One relevant quote:

Importantly, of the countries performing contact tracing properly, only a single outbreak has been reported from an outdoor environment (less than 0.3% of traced infections). (ref)
    This article puts forth it's a combination of time and dose, you don't need 1 virus particle, you need many. Areas that are close/inside, things like office building, dining, etc, are major issues (as demonstrated from the diagrams of the "infected diner" situation); areas that are outside or dispersed are far safer. Made me feel a lot better about my once ever few weeks trip to the grocery store. Made me feel even less safe about possibly getting on a plane again or going out to eat. And office buildings/open floorplans? Phew, no clue what to even start to look at as a way to make that work again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the article; it has some interesting information in it. It makes me feel a little better about some of my outdoor activities.
    Last edited by backtrack2015; 05-11-2020 at 08:10 AM.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link . That is a great read (long) and think it seems this woman knows what she is talking about . . Also it put things into a perspective that the average person can understand.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/