Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Testing?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Here’s hoping your results come back quickly and negative.
    It did. But here's the issue. The drive thru test of CVS requires you do take the swab und stick it into your nose about an inch. Tests done by nurses in urgent cares drive the swab deeper into your nose passage.

Our daughter is over the hill, the symptoms lessen, her sense of taste and smell is back, no fever since yesterday. We feel really relieved. I have no fever, but still signs of an upper respiratory infection. Stuffed sinuses, scratchy throat, occasional cough. I have a blood work coming up and will request an antibody test. Wouldn't mind to have gone through the ordeal with minor scratches.

All the best for you!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeenGone View Post
    It did. But here's the issue. The drive thru test of CVS requires you do take the swab und stick it into your nose about an inch. Tests done by nurses in urgent cares drive the swab deeper into your nose passage.

Our daughter is over the hill, the symptoms lessen, her sense of taste and smell is back, no fever since yesterday. We feel really relieved. I have no fever, but still signs of an upper respiratory infection. Stuffed sinuses, scratchy throat, occasional cough. I have a blood work coming up and will request an antibody test. Wouldn't mind to have gone through the ordeal with minor scratches.

All the best for you!
    Excellent news that your daughter is doing better and your tests were negative. Having signs of respiratory infection is not comforting.

I had a respiratory infection for almost 10 weeks and caught it from my friends teenager. My friend also had same respiratory infection at the same time. He paid to get antibody test recently for him and his family and those all came back negative. Unfortunately the antibody test has a high false negative outcome so who knows. His son goes to a school for gifted kids and majority of the students are Asian so he thought there was a likely chance it was Covid-19.

We had the C-19 test done at a Drive through C-19 testing facility that had National Guard troops helping. The tech stuck the swab pretty deep into my nose and rotated it while it was inserted. I suspect it got all the way up into the entrance of my sinuses. It was uncomfortable and it took 5 minutes before the discomfort was gone.

In the past I’ve had my ENT snake a spaghetti camera deep into my sinuses so this was less invasive.

We have all beefed up our efforts to eliminate exposure but the Florida governor isn’t taking this seriously. Mask wearing needs to be mandatory now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D3CF6466-7741-42E0-B812-F965F4C4AEF8.jpeg   475EAF9B-DB02-47E5-9AA6-529AEBB62310.jpeg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TX is setting a new record today, with daily cases at nearly 9x the level they were when we started reopening. It's hard not to be really ticked considering we've now utterly wasted all the progress we made previously.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post

...We have all beefed up our efforts to eliminate exposure but the Florida governor isn’t taking this seriously. Mask wearing needs to be mandatory now.
    The Texas Governor (Abbott) just made masks mandatory in all counties with more than 20 COVID cases. Hopefully his appeal for personal responsibility (quote below) will resonate.

“Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19,” Abbott said in a press release. “We have the ability to keep businesses open and move our economy forward so that Texans can continue to earn a paycheck, but it requires each of us to do our part to protect one another — and that means wearing a face covering in public spaces."
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567